Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Round 5 vs hawthorn gameday thread

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    And we still don't have a structured, functioning forward line. There is only upside to come from this team - that is what truly excites me about what we have seen so far!
    That is somewhat negated given that our mids are kicking goals. Bird 2, Kennedy 3, Hanners 1, McVeigh 1, Bolton 2, Jack1. Looks like a strategy to overcome the lack of big forwards.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    That is somewhat negated given that our mids are kicking goals. Bird 2, Kennedy 3, Hanners 1, McVeigh 1, Bolton 2, Jack1. Looks like a strategy to overcome the lack of big forwards.
    Strategy? Or our mids just taking full advantage of the the double teaming of young Sam?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Strategy? Or our mids just taking full advantage of the the double teaming of young Sam?
    Remembering that all the mids take a rotation through teh forward line every so often, and that our mids play back and forward, so I guess you could call it strategy, and taking advantage of the pack around Reid is purely common sense
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

i thought they tagged us in the 2nd half
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

I did notice Mitchell when Jetta sharked his handball and kicked a goal.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Blog Entries
    I thought Mitchell got a fair bit of the ball. Just wasn't as damaging.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Mids kicking goals has not been one of our strong points. No doubt there is a strategy for our mids to get in the forward 50 a lot more often. One thing that Longmire has tweeked. Maybe if Spangher gets back to some form that might change a little. But we are clearly not playing the power forward game.

The new strategy this year is to kick it long to an empty forward line and get one of our speedy mids to beat a defender and to win the ball and kick a goal. A sort of pagans paddock. I have noticed a lot of teams using employing it this year. Well thats how we are using jetta anyway.

They havent coined a term for it yet, like the press or the flood. They are using the spread for now..

Veterans List
    Clarkson is copping heaps over on BF. All his fault. Have the best list in the comp. The gameplan sucks etc etc.

Not all his fault...the trip west is why they are tired says others.

Don't you just love it. Early in the season they were unbeatable and apparently they still are. It is just that there are so many compelling reasons they are not winning.

How about no rucks and slow midfield and lack of player will to take on the more taxing new style clubs are playing. No one mentions that Hodge is short of a run and will improve.

May the bleeding continue.

Quote Originally Posted by WeHaveTheGoodes View Post
    The new strategy this year is to kick it long to an empty forward line and get one of our speedy mids to beat a defender and to win the ball and kick a goal. A sort of pagans paddock. I have noticed a lot of teams using employing it this year. Well thats how we are using jetta anyway.

They havent coined a term for it yet, like the press or the flood. They are using the spread for now..
    hhhhhmmmmm

Clarko stopped our recent long ball spread for Jetts etc to run onto in the first half and I suspect defence like teh Cats and West Coast can play the loose man and prevent the long bombs.

second half we went in to find the ball at all break downs and they didnt know what hit them which lead to fast breaks which lead to difficulty for their defenders to cover and make two or three on one tall swan going for the ball

our execution of kicks and lead was brilliant also

we have set a new level to achieve week in week out and that is my big plus from the 2nd half display !