Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 5 vs hawthorn gameday thread

Regular in the Side
    Reminds me of Bird being sub for the Geelong game last year ... That seemed to work well so if it turns out anything like that, then i'll be happy!

Puopolo as their sub could cause havoc in the 4th qtr as well. Challenging game today. C'mon bloods!!

I'm worried. They have some big "ins" with Hodge, Birchall and Puopolo. Hopefully at least one of them will be a bit underdone.

I'm one of those people who thinks Jesse should have kept his spot ahead of LRT. Before I attract the ire of others, I really rate LRT as a defender. He's really reliable and underrated in this role. however LRT as a forward does nothing for me. He tries hard and often make the right tactical decision, but his execution isn't very good. His ability to chase and go low isn't nearly as good as White's.

A Jesse White who showed promise last week is ahead of an LRT who is coming back from injury. We may live to regret this decision, but I hope I am proven wrong.

Interesting that Smith is the sub. Understandable given the nature of his 'injury', but I wonder what role they're hoping he takes once he comes on. Everitt was really good playing on the wing two weeks ago, but would they expect Smith to do the same? He can certainly play in the midfield, but Smith the link, running player is an interesting prospect.

Good luck to the boys. Given last time's first half annihilation, a good start is critical. Hopefully their intensity is up from the first bounce.

You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's a pretty big ground down there, isn't it? I'm hoping for a fun, free flowing game of footy to watch today. I really hope Jetta really consolidates his good form so far this season with a big game, too.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Doesn't look that big to me. ground is in perfect shape. seats right behind the goal. plenty of red and white too.

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    1996, first final at SCG, we were rated no chance, but we got there, that's how we roll baby!!!!!!!!! More of the same please
    We were pronounced favourites for that game but the same result would be nice.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    It's a pretty big ground down there, isn't it? I'm hoping for a fun, free flowing game of footy to watch today. I really hope Jetta really consolidates his good form so far this season with a big game, too.
    Not sure our chances are best if that's the kind of game it turns out to be. The Hawks have the best footskills in the competition and we, well, don't!

I'm in Japan with no access to Foxtel. Anyone got a stream for today's game? PM me. It would be really, really appreciated.

Not too sure about live streams, but I'm in UK and I'm listening to live radio on the afl website. Hope that helps!

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Not sure our chances are best if that's the kind of game it turns out to be. The Hawks have the best footskills in the competition and we, well, don't!
    I know, I thought that as I typed it but I'd still like to see it.

Sewell definitely took Marty out of that contest live, would love to see a replay.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast