Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Round 5 vs hawthorn gameday thread

I don't care, I just like Jesse White. He was so excited the team won, even though he was emergency and didn't get a game this week. He is a nice man.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    Forgot to mention the only down sides to the day.
    1. Cheer Squad singing the song before the final siren. Not on!!
    I don't know about that. One of my fondest memories of 2005 was towards the end of the PF as we stormed home over the Saints (similar finish to the weekend just past) was listening to 25-30,000 Swans fans spontaneously breaking into Cheer, Cheer.

There are some games that just demand that fans acknowledge their on-field heroes while they are still in action. Sunday's win was one such game. It doesn't happen often but is great when it does. It is a moment when those who hold the red and white so dear, cannot restrain their joy. I can't begrudge them that and if present would have joined in (as I did at the G in '05).

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    It proves how important LRT has always been to us. Dead set 100% bloke. You know if he is on the paddock nothing is left behind.

His efforts on Gardiner in 2005 won us a flag
    To even up that ledger, you could say that his efforts in the on Ashley Hanses in 2006...

I kid, I kid- Roosy should have made a move.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    To even up that ledger, you could say that his efforts in the on Ashley Hanses in 2006...

That should read "To even up that ledger, you could say that his efforts in on Ashley Hansen in 2006..." but for the life of me I can't spot the edit option.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I don't care, I just like Jesse White. He was so excited the team won, even though he was emergency and didn't get a game this week. He is a nice man.
    I don't doubt he was dissapointed to get dropped, but I also don't doubt for a second that he was probably the first to go up to Lewis and say excitedly "that's awesome you're back! GO LEWIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post

Shhhhh 2006 DID NOT HAPPEN

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    I don't know about that. One of my fondest memories of 2005 was towards the end of the PF as we stormed home over the Saints (similar finish to the weekend just past) was listening to 25-30,000 Swans fans spontaneously breaking into Cheer, Cheer.

There are some games that just demand that fans acknowledge their on-field heroes while they are still in action. Sunday's win was one such game. It doesn't happen often but is great when it does. It is a moment when those who hold the red and white so dear, cannot restrain their joy. I can't begrudge them that and if present would have joined in (as I did at the G in '05).
    I am superstitious about not singing the song until after the game. I never sing it before the game, only after, when we win. That night, I couldn't help it.....I joined in 10 minutes before the end of the game.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    I am superstitious about not singing the song until after the game. I never sing it before the game, only after, when we win. That night, I couldn't help it.....I joined in 10 minutes before the end of the game.
    Same here!!!

I think the arrogance of the Saints wankers caused us to break out in song as they were lugging their sorry arses towards the exits.

Long Term Injury List
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post

I was at that game right behind the Cheer Squad with my 76 y.o father. We didn't join in I'm afraid because it reaks of Collingwood & Carlton arrogance to us.
    Having now watched the replay of sunday's game I noticed even John Longmire was still shouting down the phone planning moves with only 50secs to go. He wasn't celebrating until the end and that's how I think it should be. It's not over until it's over. Then by all means go crazy like we did!

Opti-pessi-misti
    How often in the past few years have the Swannies overrun a team in the last quarter and gone on with it? It was so amazing! When it got to the point where you knew they were going to win and win well (so different from sitting on the edge of your seat, hoping they can hold on - as we are used to) I say any form of celebration was appropriate. I didn't actually notice amidst the chanting that 'the song' was being sung before the final siren - everything that was going on was all sooooooooo good!

Very poor form to rejoice and sing before the finish.

In future, when the game is won, I want all of you who were guilty on the weekend and at the PF to show some class and just put on your gold jackets in silence.....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Very poor form to rejoice and sing before the finish.

In future, when the game is won, I want all of you who were guilty on the weekend and at the PF to show some class and just put on your gold jackets in silence.....
    Would need to knock out most of my teeth and drop 100 IQ points to do the jacket justice.