Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 5 vs hawthorn gameday thread

We started off quite well but they soon got on top.

Never mind about double-teaming Buddy; it's our forwards who are getting double-teamed; the Hawks always seemed to have an extra man down there.

Need to go man on man, get the players away from the stoppages, and onto a man, stop the spread
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

The TRUTH is a bitter pill I'm afraid....oh, and how cannot stand the sight of that Franklin and his "jailbird" nut.....

hale, roughhead and Buddy.........great targets on the spread and our talls in the 1st half allowed the Hawks to play with a spare defender without a worry in the world !

the rebound of the Hawks are making our midfield look terrible !

we need more forward pressure now !!!!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

I don't want to start laying it in, but frankly the intelligence of our team should be questioned. @@@@ me, its like the semi last year with our defenders being isolated, our midfield being beaten into submission and Josh Gibson having day out.

Our midfield set up looks very bad in comparison to Hawthorn who are getting quick movement out of the contest and too the spread while we bumble and fumble our way to a turnover. All our blind kicking is killing me too. When Hawthorn was starting to pull ahead the sensible vintage Swans thing would have been to play keeping's off and slow the tempo. Instead we panicked and turned it over multiple times to the benefit of Gibson's possession count.

Horse, you and your coaching box need to pull your @@@@ together.

And aren't the hawks good at creating space and they are on us where as we seem to always be 4-5 feet behind.

Good to see ROK back in form.

JPK you star!!!

As I asked in another thread was is the idea behind our fwd structure, bomb it into Reid and try to crumb?? How is Everrit a better fwd aoption than white how is LRT a better fwd option than white?
    Sorry i really dont get it we have been good with some oppourtunist goals over last couple games but in a pressure game like this bomb it in wont work...too easy to intercept burgoyne will crumb it before us
    I have to go to a mtes place now as there has been an unforseen problem with tv screen....

cheers

waz

We can thank a couple of ex-Hawks for that goal.

Arrrrrghhhhh!

McVeigh goals...all gifts are gratefully accepted.

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast