Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 5 vs hawthorn gameday thread

Senior Player
    Composed , measured - terrific turnover from Reg.

Regular in the Side
    Johnson and Everitt for 2 need to be given the BIG A.... Johnson is as weak as you know what still hasnt learnt to kick a good pass just lobs it up for someone to be killed. Why Everitt gets a game is beyond me Jesse is far better value. Othe rplayers need to pick up or there will needto be mass cxhanges. It wont be that Hawks kick 80 they wikk wibn ny at least 80. How did ccr mark that just brussed ted aside. Luccky to be top 8 on this performance.

Well that quarter was better, but I still think we're a bit below Hawthorn's level.

You're welcome....
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Thanks for that highly intelligent and insightful analysis....

The question from here is who will run the game out better, Hawks have been fading in games, based on our effort last week and the last against Port, we might run them over in the last. Gibson injured? We can only hope, not thatI would wish a player injured. We are missing the roosters pace and chase in the forward half, Mummy would have helped in the middle too. Being well held at the clearances
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

This game, like our last few games against the Hawks, is giving me the @@@@s. Why are we so intimidated and timid against them? If I have to spot our midfielders standing still over the contest while Hawthorn are getting a handball out of the contest to a clear player I'm going to loose it. Our defenders need to wake the @@@@ up and our midfielders who keep pumping in bull@@@@ kickings into fifty might need a brain transplant. If Hawthorn are getting so many free defenders WHERE THE @@@@ ARE THE FREE SWANS PLAYERS?! A very annoying game that is most certainly highlighting our incompetence.

AJ having an absolute shocker. Needs a big 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    Johnson and Everitt for 2 need to be given the BIG A.... Johnson is as weak as you know what still hasnt learnt to kick a good pass just lobs it up for someone to be killed. Why Everitt gets a game is beyond me Jesse is far better value. Othe rplayers need to pick up or there will needto be mass cxhanges. It wont be that Hawks kick 80 they wikk wibn ny at least 80. How did ccr mark that just brussed ted aside. Luccky to be top 8 on this performance.
    I'm so sick of you fair weather supporters. One week you're all over the team, then after one poor half, you want half the team dropped and question whether we'll even make the finals.

Go and sulk elsewhere.

much improved quarter.

We will win this

Better effort that quarter but too many skill errors. Some poor decisions when we have it. McGlynn is really getting under the skin of the Hawks. He's up for it.

Senior Player
    Hanners could be the key to a 2nd half revival.

Poor decisions is the crux of it. Whether in the back half or going into the forward 50 we keep choosing the high risk percentage plays. You say you don't have any other options? Well MAKE your teammates provide them, even if it is short. Turnovers are killing us - we need to be more responsible with the ball in hand. The boundary is your friend too. Clog it up in the forward line and try and manufacture goals. I just can't see how we can win this game with very few options in front of us.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast