Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd6 v Crows

Blog Entries
    White for LRT. (if he's not right)

Everitt must go, his efforts to influence a contest are soft. He makes white look like Leigh Matthews.

Injury forced changes only. Perhaps White for LRT against the big bodied Crows, alhough its hard to see LRT playing, his face was puffed up severely in the team song, see if Eski is ok, perhaps Armstrong if eski is out
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Senior Player
    I love Sam Reid but his kicking for goal is deplorable. Do I want him out? I don't know. I don't think so, but I do know that TDL knows how to kick a goal. Is it time to reinvent him as a key position backman?

Happy to go with no changes unless forced.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Veterans List
    White for LRT if he doesn't come up.

Other than that, no one after the effort in Launceston :-)

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    I love Sam Reid but his kicking for goal is deplorable. Do I want him out? I don't know. I don't think so, but I do know that TDL knows how to kick a goal. Is it time to reinvent him as a key position backman?

You have to be kidding? Re-invent the best young forward in the league into a backman?

This has to be a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    You have to be kidding? Re-invent the best young forward in the league into a backman?

This has to be a joke?
    he was a backman

Quote Originally Posted by swantastic View Post
    he was a backman
    Your right, so were Coleman and Dunstall in junior footy. It is sad neither fulfilled their real potential.

Sure I agree that his kicking for goal is a struggle at the moment . But reinvent him as a backman, you must be having a laugh - the bloke will be a superstar. He needs time - just remember how young he is!

No changes unless forced by injury hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Your right, so were Coleman and Dunstall in junior footy. It is sad neither fulfilled their real potential.

Sam needs to work on his game no doubt. However, keeping him in and having him learn on the job is the best response. Going into the NEAFL he would dominate - nothing to be learned there.

Anyway, he'll continue hogging two defenders so we can use him as a crafty distraction.

Senior Player
    yes i was being a little bit cheeky, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who might be finding it exasperating. It seems to be a bit of lottery as to whether he will kick a goal from a set shot. You'd think that a settled goal kicking technique would be a fundamental requirement for a KP forward. I'm just not seeing any improvement or confidence in this area. Like I said, I love watching him play. He's a gun. But he should be kicking bags. Still, if we keep putting together games like we did today then it's kind of academic. We'll beat anyone with those kind of performances.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

yes i was being a little bit cheeky, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who might be finding it exasperating. It seems to be a bit of lottery as to whether he will kick a goal from a set shot. You'd think that a settled goal kicking technique would be a fundamental requirement for a KP forward. I'm just not seeing any improvement or confidence in this area. Like I said, I love watching him play. He's a gun. But he should be kicking bags. Still, if we keep putting together games like we did today then it's kind of academic. We'll beat anyone with those kind of performances.
    His field kicking is excellent. Once he gets his head sorted he will be fine. We can afford to carry him through a form slump IMO.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast