Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd6 v Crows

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    His field kicking is excellent. Once he gets his head sorted he will be fine. We can afford to carry him through a form slump IMO.
    Certainly with the spread of goalkickers we have had so far this season we can. I am sure that one day it is just going to click for him and he will go from there. Its as much in the head as it is in the ball drop/technique whatever else, for as you say aardvark his field kicking is fantastic.

N Davis; I wonder why he is now part of the fold again

White for LRT should be the only change unless Benny is injured, then maybe call up TDL.
    It was a silly decision for Longmire to play LRT today. But we played great nevertheless!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Everitt must go, his efforts to influence a contest are soft. He makes white look like Leigh Matthews.
    Sigh.....
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Injury Outs?

LRT: I know it was announced that it wasn't his cheekbone again, but during the team song the whole side of his face was puffed up horribly.
    Mal: It's not his LARS knee but he must be in some doubt.
    Benny: He must have rolled his ankle at least 5 times this season, they're probably the size of his knees by now.

Jesse, Armstrong and TDL seem the probable replacements if required.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Form Outs?

There have been two suggestions:

Sam Reid: "Form Slump"? Stuff that for a joke! Even with his goalkicking radar going haywire, and with ZERO tall support on the forward line, he is doing a wonderfull job. at the moment principally because he is sucking in so much attention it's giving our smalls a glut of opportunities. If and when he gets some support up there he won't be so easily outnumbered.

And

'Dre: Or "Sigh" as BSA5 says. In the 4th quarter he received a handball on the wing from Parker, which he then quickly handballed to Bird. So far, so good. Unfortunately he then did absolutely nothing to slow Puopolo (?) who ran straight past him and got to Bird just as he was kicking, the result was another turnover.

In 'Dre's defence I think he may have been trying to spread, but all he did was to move clear of the line between our little Bird and the Hawk (and that was never going to end well).
    Not shepherding for a team-mate is not a good look when your Jetta's size, it looks a lot worse when you're 6ft4inches tall! I wonder if 'Dre realises how big he is? He plays more like a mid rather than an aspiring key.

But who would you replace him with though? Spanky's not ready to resume and Walsh isn't ready. Perhaps Jessica or TDL, if they aren't already going to be called up because of injuries. Otherwise he should be given another chance.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Senior Player
    White for LRT for mine, should have been that in the first place

Nobody in the two's knocking down the door, although I would like to see TDL in our forward line sooner rather than later

Well Jetta did only kick one goal this week...

But in all seriousness, unless there are injuries or Spangher is ready to come back in (and after a hammy injury surely a run in the ressies to gain fitness is due) I wouldn't change a thing.

Dre was hungry last week. He was hunting down opposition defenders. This week he looked slow again. I think when he gets shifted back into the middle to get his hands on the ball he looks ok but with the way our structure is at the moment - you can get left out cold up front when you're not the key target. However when the ball is not heading your way you still have to be energetic. You can't wait for things to happen - you have to make them happen.

White for LRT.

Spangher and Mitchell were listed last week as being one week away. It can't be too long for either of them.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Am I the only one who thought Everitt played okay this week?

Everitt seems to play his best footy on the wing between the 2 arcs. Outside of this, he doesn't appear to be useful at much else except that long kick. I would assume that more experience in the top team would help him learn, if we continue to drop him all the time, like Jessie, he just won't improve
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast