Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd6 v Crows

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Everitt looked better in the 2nd half when he was moved out of the forward line and onto a wing. His role as the 3rd tall forward was to try and draw Gibson or Stratton away from Reid but he failed in that task miserably. He was okay on the wing, did some nice things but having been selected as a forward his spot will be under question if they think somebody else can do a better job - White, Walsh or moving Goodes and/or ROK permanently as forwards. His versatility will help his cause though, the ability to play anywhere on the field including pinch hitting in the ruck is a big attraction to the coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by nomae View Post
    Am I the only one who thought Everitt played okay this week?
    Nope, not the only one. He's played 2 good games in a row and has earned his spot.

On the Rookie List
    Happy to see everitt go, I just dont feel comfortable with him in the team, even with some good performances of the last couple of weeks. Other than that no changes unless forced.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    Horse said in an interview that Mal took a knock to the knee - not the LARS knee. They took him off as a precautionary measure.
    Does Mal actually have a non-LARS knee?

On the Rookie List
    Everitt still has functional weaknesses in his game. He approaches a contested mark with arms stretched staight upwards and hands flat. He need to time it different to have his arms forward more and hands more sideways on a vision line to the ball with hard arms and soft hands and thumbs backing up. Ironically he is a superb kick but often fumbles a hot ball . You can see his mistakes every game and I fear when the pressure is really on and the chips are down,he could cost us dearly. He has played well when the team has played well particularly the last 2 games but the functional weaknesses are still there.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by nomae View Post
    Am I the only one who thought Everitt played okay this week?
    Nope, after a miserable first half, I thought he was one of the guys that really got us going in the second, great run & carry and getting to plenty of contests, both forward & back. RnR has picked out one eg where he didn't provide the ball carrier the right level of support - but I saw plenty of other occasions where he was excellent in that regard. Would be shocked if he's not playing this week.

On the Rookie List

Reid's kicking for goal

I loved the team effort against Hawthorn but one thing frustrates the #$%^ out of me and that is young Sam's kicking action.There has been no improvement at all since last year. Compare his set shots to Roughheads! J.Roughhead really concentrates hard runs evenly and straight and drops the ball with one hand guiding it perfectly on his boot.The result is a staight kick and goal after goal.Sam is still stuttering and stabbing the ball and dropping it too high etc etc.Where are the coaches???

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    I loved the team effort against Hawthorn but one thing frustrates the #$%^ out of me and that is young Sam's kicking action.There has been no improvement at all since last year. Compare his set shots to Roughheads! J.Roughhead really concentrates hard runs evenly and straight and drops the ball with one hand guiding it perfectly on his boot.The result is a staight kick and goal after goal.Sam is still stuttering and stabbing the ball and dropping it too high etc etc.Where are the coaches???
    Well there is hope right there then, Roughead used to be worse than Sam currently is....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    I have to agree- he really looks like he needs to put a lot of work into it still, I'm dissapointed that so far this season it looks like little has changed from last.

He had a tough gig on the weekend and he's young and learning his trade (and possibly still a bit sore), but the team needs to find a way to help him turn it around somehow (he obviously needs to take some ownership himself, too).
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Well there is hope right there then, Roughead used to be worse than Sam currently is....
    That might be a bit tough on Jarryd, he wasn't exactly Davo when he came into the league but he's kicked 259.179 so far in 8 seasons and has never finished a season with more behinds than goals.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Maybe this is why Nicky D is the new runner. He can provide a few pointers to Sammy while he's running in for a set shot.

Reid needs an early goal to get his confidence up, like against freo, he looked so good, since that bump he has not been the same.

But he is drawing a key defender and his work off the ball is exceptional. The time we put him into him now is going to be repaid 100 times over I reckon
    Theres not much left to say

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast