Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: We owe the crows a belting

We haven't beaten them at the SCG since 2004.

Johncock said the club's 56-point loss to Hawthorn in round three ensured it was better prepared to face the Swans and a host of top sides before a bye in round 11.
    http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...2/default.aspx

Yep, good preparation for a six-goal drubbing.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

I doubt a clash with Hawks prepares anyone for the pressure our blokes exert all over the ground, that quote from Johncock sounds like he lives up to his name, maybe that's a bit harsh, but who cares? Hopefully I'll be gloating come sat night
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    We haven't beaten them at the SCG since 2004.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...2/default.aspx

Yep, good preparation for a six-goal drubbing.
    We may not have beaten them at the SCG since 2004 but how many games since then have been played at the SCG as most in the last few years have been in Adelaide.

2008 Round 17. They won it 77-53. In all we did ok 13-1-10 but we have a @@@@ record against the Crows. We need to be alert to that this week and rectify it! A little 'Crow Pie' this week would go down a treat! Lets pluck the buggers and leave 'em shivering in the cold SCG night!

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    2008 Round 17. They won it 77-53. In all we did ok 13-1-10 but we have a @@@@ record against the Crows. We need to be alert to that this week and rectify it! A little 'Crow Pie' this week would go down a treat! Lets pluck the buggers and leave 'em shivering in the cold SCG night!
    Will it be cold Sat night??

Looks like its that time of the year to get the thicker shorts out of the wardrobe.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Will it be cold Sat night??

Looks like its that time of the year to get the thicker shorts out of the wardrobe.
    The weather channel says it will get down to 8 degrees so maybe the long walk socks should get run too.

Senior Player
    I have now decided that after one game against the Hawks we are getting too much attention and I want to go under the radar again

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Hear hear, thst's my 50th Birthday game, the last time we played them on the weekend of my birthday we beat them by about 20 goals. I'm hoping that happens again so I get a birthday present a day early!
    I was at the ground that day.. I was sitting near the Richmond coaches box.. I remember the abuse hurled at Wallace when he came out at 3qtr time to address the players.. It was pretty ugly.. I loved it.. My neighbour was a full on Tiges supporter.. Any time he gave me grief I would just say "118 points"... I think the next time we played them it was like an 80 point win.. I would love for us to start smashing them again.. Bring on the Crows.. Lets make the SCG "The House of Pain"...

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    I have now decided that after one game against the Hawks we are getting too much attention and I want to go under the radar again
    yeah I'm thrilled that we have had our 48 hours of praise from the media now it's time to get back to Quietly going about our business again and fly under the radar for a little while longer. ( I'm just a nervous Nellie)

I think we are very good and much improved, don't get me wrong. However, a few weeks ago when Carlton knocked off the Pies, I remember everyone getting all hot ad bothered by how good the blue were. I myself was seriously impressed with them. Talking to a big Blues man at work, he acknowledged it was a great win, but seemed to be less impressed with the blues than some outsiders and media types were. They then went on to get a bit of a hiding from Essendon ( 5 goals but the blues never looked like winning after the 2nd qtr) I sort of see where he's coming from now. When you watch your team every week, you have a bit more of a holistic view of how they're going than perhaps some media types and the average punters do. Yes we're going good, but Jesus Christ anyone would think we haven't lost a quarter all year. We've lost quite a few, and some pretty badly too. I know that's irrelevant if you win the game, but I just think this overhyping of sides so far this year has been pretty ridiculous. We've proven a little bit so far, but I think we've got a lot more to prove ( well I hope we do ).

Our run home is tough, we need to be ahead of the game 8 weeks out. We also need luck with injuries. Currently we have a relatively healthy squad, that cannot last. How we deal with that is the real key

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Right on the money. We should beat the idiot Crows. But our record at the MCG against Richmond and Melbourne is just too embarrassing. God help us. We will not have arrived until we can win games at the MCG.
    "Give a man an airline and he will rob the people. Give a man a government and he will rob the world"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast