Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: We owe the crows a belting

Goes up to 11
    I'm sick of the stupid radar and I hope we've smashed it by now. I would prefer that we lead from the front and have such an air of superiority about us for the next few years that we intimidate our rivals and have them beaten pretty much before they take the park against us. It's worked for teams like Geelong and Collingwood, so why can't it be our turn now???

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I'm sick of the stupid radar and I hope we've smashed it by now. I would prefer that we lead from the front and have such an air of superiority about us for the next few years that we intimidate our rivals and have them beaten pretty much before they take the park against us. It's worked for teams like Geelong and Collingwood, so why can't it be our turn now???
    I agree. I don't like the dumb under the radar stuff. I wanna be nice and arrogant for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Our run home is tough, we need to be ahead of the game 8 weeks out. We also need luck with injuries. Currently we have a relatively healthy squad, that cannot last. How we deal with that is the real key
    I think we have the depth to deal with injuries. We have lots of good players (a few of which play in the ressies) but not many great ones.

Mike Pyke should get a run out! He's big and fast yay

Right now in the ressies we have one midfielder, Harry, and 2 small forwards, Bulldog and TDL, and a small backman Armstrong, that's about it. Sorry, Brett Meredith, and they will play Harry b4 him. I don't think any of the others are senior listed, althoguh I am probably wrong, Possibly Walsh is senior listed, if Seaby and Mummy go down at the same time, we're in trouble. But let's stay positive. Good runs with injury happen, and we need our best 22 on the park, especially as the year goes on and we get to the harder part of teh draw
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

The Crows always make me nervous and us getting so much attention might be touch distracting. Perhaps what scares me the most is that I'm buying into the hype. Does anyone really think players aren't susceptible to buying into it as well, especially the younger ones?

A couple of real reputation threatening danger games up ahead. Richmond at the MCG poses the larger challenge, but the Crows improvement is a touch worrying too. We're the number one contested team, they're the number two. Key role playing job has to be on Dangerfield who is winning so many clearances and racking up the possies.

Hopefully we do a nice, four quarter North Melbourne job on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Will it be cold Sat night??

Looks like its that time of the year to get the thicker shorts out of the wardrobe.
    al I am a cold shirker & I am already in thermals How can you wear shorts at night at this time of year? I will be wearing a fleecy shirt, thick jeans, windcheater and jacket (if needed).

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    al I am a cold shirker & I am already in thermals How can you wear shorts at night at this time of year? I will be wearing a fleecy shirt, thick jeans, windcheater and jacket (if needed).
    I am usually with you but having just spent the weekend in Tas where it was freezing I am finding Sydney warm. Incidentally I lived most of my life in Tas so should be used to the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I think we have the depth to deal with injuries. We have lots of good players (a few of which play in the ressies) but not many great ones.
    Spang, Mitchell, Morton, TDL, Nipper, Meredith, Lamb, Biggs, Armstrong, Harry, Lockyer, Pyke, I think are all capable of coming in and doing the job. We still have to get Mummy back and Rohan & Brown, who is a likely prospect are on the long term injury list. I think our stocks are pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    Right now in the ressies we have one midfielder, Harry, and 2 small forwards, Bulldog and TDL, and a small backman Armstrong, that's about it. Sorry, Brett Meredith, and they will play Harry b4 him. I don't think any of the others are senior listed, althoguh I am probably wrong, Possibly Walsh is senior listed, if Seaby and Mummy go down at the same time, we're in trouble. But let's stay positive. Good runs with injury happen, and we need our best 22 on the park, especially as the year goes on and we get to the harder part of teh draw
    How about White, Spang and Pyke? They ring any bells?

Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    The Crows always make me nervous and us getting so much attention might be touch distracting. Perhaps what scares me the most is that I'm buying into the hype. Does anyone really think players aren't susceptible to buying into it as well, especially the younger ones?

A couple of real reputation threatening danger games up ahead. Richmond at the MCG poses the larger challenge, but the Crows improvement is a touch worrying too. We're the number one contested team, they're the number two. Key role playing job has to be on Dangerfield who is winning so many clearances and racking up the possies.

Hopefully we do a nice, four quarter North Melbourne job on them.
    We have the mids to not only negate Dangerfield and his mates but hurt them the other way. What is more we have the best defence in the comp. Teddy will probably take Walker and Grundy, Tippett. Although they might be the other way around. alternatively if they play Jacobs & McKernan resting in the forwardline then we would have Grundy on either of them and AJ on Walker. We also are capable of scoring goals through the midfield. But I think we do need a prolific forward who kicks goals. But I believe we will still beat the Crows!

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    I am usually with you but having just spent the weekend in Tas where it was freezing I am finding Sydney warm. Incidentally I lived most of my life in Tas so should be used to the cold.
    I grew up in the northeast US with awful snowy blizzardy winters and icygrey cold and yuck for months on end, and I'm still the first one to break out jumpers, coats, wool caps come the chilly weather ... I'm not an utter wimp, I've just .... assimilated.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast