Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: We owe the crows a belting

Earlier in the week I was feeling really good about this game and more concerned about Richmond, but the sheer weight of adulation that has come our way on the footy talk shows has got me worried.

It's unprecedented, the love being shown to the Swans. We have a young team, who whilst they all seem to have good heads on their shoulders, are heading into unchartered waters as far as recognition and tyre pumping goes. If they start to believe the publicity and take their foot off the pedal against the Crows, they'll make us pay.

Don't think for one minute that the Crows have not been sitting back listening to all this talk and will be primed to knock off what will now be considered a huge scalp. They have the added advantage of knowing we have been their bunnies over the past 10 years...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Earlier in the week I was feeling really good about this game and more concerned about Richmond, but the sheer weight of adulation that has come our way on the footy talk shows has got me worried.

It's unprecedented, the love being shown to the Swans. We have a young team, who whilst they all seem to have good heads on their shoulders, are heading into unchartered waters as far as recognition and tyre pumping goes. If they start to believe the publicity and take their foot off the pedal against the Crows, they'll make us pay.

Don't think for one minute that the Crows have not been sitting back listening to all this talk and will be primed to knock off what will now be considered a huge scalp. They have the added advantage of knowing we have been their bunnies over the past 10 years...
    Yet the focus is still on how much hawthorn @@@@@@ up and only little bits of the swans are actually an ok side.

We'll Win!!
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    The next four games are huge for us.

Adelaide we rarely beat, even when we should

Richmond, it's two or is it three shock wins against us in the past few seasons

Melbourne, that embarrassing thrashing in 2010 and the draw last year

St.Kilda, we wouldn't want to drop that one either.

So if we can beat these four sides we not only set ourselves up for a potentially high finish but it will almost expunge all those nightmare recent results against them.

Please Swans, keep on rolling for another month at least .... please :-)
    The St Kilda game doesn't hold too much fear for me - with Lyon gone they aren't half the team they were imo. Melbourne are rubbish, and a top 8 team should easily beat them, let alone a top 4 aspirant. Richmond and Adelaide have me worried, but this is a very much improved Swans side. I do think the next fortnight will tell us a bit more about where we are up to as a team. I just hope I can get up there on Saturday night to watch us beat Adelaide!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    We'll Win!!
    I'm noticing a trend here. If we win this week, you realize this has to be your response to every game poll for the rest of the year. Any variance on this, and we lose, I'm afraid the blame rests solely with u Al. I don't make the rules.....

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I'm noticing a trend here. If we win this week, you realize this has to be your response to every game poll for the rest of the year. Any variance on this, and we lose, I'm afraid the blame rests solely with u Al. I don't make the rules.....
    Yes I know, also if I don't wear white socks and red jocks we'll get beat. It's a lot of pressure following a footy team.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Haha, Just as long as you know

Opti-pessi-misti
    The title of this thread says it all. Let's do it, boys!!

We only have to win by a point but if we give them a right old touch up I will be a happy old girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I'm with Al, let's just go in believing we can beat everyone and cross our fingers
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Regular in the Side
    Hope this works...
    http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/...504-1y4io.html

It's a Rohan Connolly article about our depressing head-to-head record against the Crows. Sobering reading.

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    Hope this works...
    http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/...504-1y4io.html

It's a Rohan Connolly article about our depressing head-to-head record against the Crows. Sobering reading.
    The most depressing line in that article:

"Collingwood's run against the Swans is the longest streak"...hopefully it will end in Round 20.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast