Thread: Adam Goodes

Adam Goodes

On Saturday night we home fans will get the chance to honour Adam Goodes for his record number of games for the Sydney Swans. I am so proud that Adam plays for our team. He is a fantastic player and, even more importantly I think, a truly fine man. I attach web links for anyone who hasn't read these two recent excellent articles paying tribute to him. The first, from Daily Telegraph 15 April, describes the influences on Goodes as a young boy and growing up as an indigenous footballer, and in the second, from SMH 28 April, Macca pays tribute to Adam as a true friend.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226326708165

Goodes always delivers as a mate

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Couldn't agree more. His influence on the Club, the game and a future generation of footballers cannot be underestimated. The epitomy of the Bloods culture, a fine athlete and a fine person.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

On the Rookie List
    Imagine a player from forty or fifty years ago who was the Club's games record holder with over 300 games, had won two Brownlows, a number of Best and Fairests and was part of a premiership winning team. Imagine how big a legend of the club that player would be. Time creates legends: we're very lucky to be seeing Adam Goodes create history in our lifetimes.
    Run2Live,Live2Run

I don't know what all the fuss was about last week, he's going to be breaking the record at the SCG.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    I don't know what all the fuss was about last week, he's going to be breaking the record at the SCG.
    This week's record is not going to last long.

Quote Originally Posted by lwoggardner View Post
    This week's record is not going to last long.
    Could get a bit boring this......although I am concerned that every game from now on is a milestone game....

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Could get a bit boring this......although I am concerned that every game from now on is a milestone game....
    Thank goodness we didn't all run on to the field everytime Plugger broke the goal kicking record.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN