Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Round 7: Sydney Uni v Sydney Swans Reserves

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    goodes was well on his way to winning the rising star at the Same point in his career. O'loughlin played seniors kicking 3 goals game one. Kelly similar. None were languishing in the reserves.

Don't know how you couldn't say he isn't a disappointment, and at this stage hard to understand how he was drafted 21
    Yes its a disappointment that he isn't playing in the 1's. Fair enough. However Jed was pretty highly rated prior to the draft and it seems that being drafted somewhere between 15 and 25 was fair enough according to most. So if he does turn out to eventually being a bust, maybe it's just the Swans' bad luck that could just as easily have been the bad luck of any of a number of other teams that could have drafted him.

What I would not want to see is our club picking players from nowhere, that aren't rated highly by anyone, with our high draft picks, that turn out to be busts. No one in the AFL has done that too much as far as I would understand but team like the Knicks in the NBA had a bit of a habit a few years ago of picking crazy picks with early draft picks that ended up busting pretty quickly.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that drafting is not an exact art, and not all high draft picks work out, for various reasons, and sometimes those reasons don't come to the fore until after they're drafted. Disappointed, yes, but not giving up on seeing Jed make something of himself yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    What I would not want to see is our club picking players from nowhere, that aren't rated highly by anyone, with our high draft picks, that turn out to be busts.
    DOK say's hi.....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    DOK say's hi.....
    Um, can we forget that one???

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    DOK say's hi.....
    Probably why Kinnear Beatson is on board now - what a shocker that was

Just wild about Harry
    As a Melbournian, I have never seen Jed play. However, I say that we need to keep the faith. From what the posters here last year were saying - he has the talent, and unless I'm wrong, he didnt have a talent bypass operation during the off-season? He must be going through some sort of 2nd (ish) year blues but if he has what it takes, then he will come out the other side. Motivation, determination and weight may be variables that can be fixed, but talent is something that you have or you dont. The posters here who have seen him say that he has it. Let's cut him some slack while he grows up.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Probably why Kinnear Beatson is on board now - what a shocker that was
    Remind me to start a "Worst Swans recruiter of all time" thread next off season
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112