Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 7 V Tigers

Out : Everitt, Goodes
    In : White, TDL
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Veteran Site Admin
    I'd like to see us bring in someone to play FF and stay close to goal. Maybe that's Walsh (impressive with his leading, marking and conversion today, albeit against witches' hats) or maybe it's White. Or maybe it's a smaller player, like Nipper or TDL. Reid needs to play further away from the goal square, I reckon. His speed and mobility are almost as good assets as his hands but he seems to be quite static at the moment. More of a roaming role around CHF might free him up a bit. It might also clear out our forward line a bit.

Not convinced Everitt as a sub is going to work more times than not. He came on so late today that it was hard for him to make an impact. But if we need someone else of his height in the team, we need them there for most of the game. And we probably need a smaller runner to come on fresh. I can't imagine any of Hanners, Jack, Parker or Bird being impressed with being the sub, and they are all clearly in our best 21. But from a balance point of view, I think we may need to sacrifice one of those type of player from the starting 21 to get a bit better balance.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I'd like to see us bring in someone to play FF and stay close to goal. Maybe that's Walsh (impressive with his leading, marking and conversion today, albeit against witches' hats) or maybe it's White. Or maybe it's a smaller player, like Nipper or TDL. Reid needs to play further away from the goal square, I reckon. His speed and mobility are almost as good assets as his hands but he seems to be quite static at the moment. More of a roaming role around CHF might free him up a bit. It might also clear out our forward line a bit.
    Agree, but Reid is suffering from a severe lack of confidence...
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Reid FFS? Are you serious
    ffs...FFS

His last 4 games:

Description Date Opponent Result K HB D M G B T HO GA GC I50 FF FA DT SC
    Round 6 5th May Adelaide Loss 94-99 4 2 6 4 0 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 0 34 34
    Round 5 29th Apr Hawthorn Win 106-69 3 2 5 3 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 32 27
    Round 4 22nd Apr North Melbourne Win 113-77 2 5 7 1 0 2 3 0 0 0 1 2 0 35 29
    Round 3 14th Apr Port Adelaide Win 105-83 5 4 9 4 1 0 0 0 1 2 1 0 0 41 63

6, 5, 7 and 9 disposals.

Goals: 0, 0, 0 and 1.
    Last edited by Bloody Hell; 6th May 2012 at 02:03 AM.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Agree, but Reid is suffering from a severe lack of confidence...
    Hence my suggestion that he play a role where he can get his hands on the ball a bit more.

Warming the Bench
    Cutting reid from the game would only set us back. He draws the best defender(s) from the other team and he is capable of doing great things putting him in the 2s will do him no good.

In. Pyke and Morton/Nipper
    Out. LRT and Everitt

Hopefully goodes is ok and will play next week.

Goodes' injury is either a hip flexor or a high quad strain. And Sam has been playing injured..

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/tabid/...medium=twitter

Know the impact of those types of injuries since I'm currently recuperating from a combo of the two at the moment (Hip Flexor / twisted L5).

Hopefully for him it's just a strain and is cleared of a tear.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    I'd keep them both. McGlynn is due for a big one. And while we're talking about the "Mc" players, how about giving McNeil a run?

He is a rookie not on the main list and not likely to be this year with Mitchell coming in. We can't play him not unless he gets shifted to the main list for Rohan and I can't see that happening as they will probably want a fast tall player to take his place. Probably Biggs!

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Hence my suggestion that he play a role where he can get his hands on the ball a bit more.
    I agree Liz and I think he is a CHF not FF. I would play Nipper at FF & give him free reign to lead and mark close to goal the same as Adelaide used to with Modra. That could work and I would give Macca or Benny a go as Sub as they have been playing hot and cold lately. I don't think we can lose Lukie, Joey, Kizza or Birdie from the mids they are far too important. I think Macca could be a very good pinch hitter and could make a difference late in a game as he can kick some great goals and is a good shark in the F-Line.

If Goodsie is injured LRT, Goodsie & Everrit out

Nipper, White & TDL in.

I say Everitt because I don't think he will get a full game in the A grade at the moment and he needs to play a full game after being sub.

LRT had a less than average game tonight, probably still recovering, and he was one of the players who was very unco with the team, but he was not alone, swans players spoiled each other often in their rush to get the ball under perceived and real pressure. It might be wise to rest LRT until he no longer needs the helmet and bring in White. Don't be surprised to see him retained as a backman though. He fills teh space in the backline very well. This is predicated on Goodes being out abd White playing FF. I'm not convinced about the guys playing 2's. If you promote Morton then you have to retain LRT for the ruck. Pyke might be a better option. I wishI'd seen more of the ressies games against good opposition. Playing against fence posts is not a good form guide. Of course, against Richmond, who are very quick, they might think about giving Harry a run if he's going ok. Horses for courses, and if I'd thought that way, I would have hoped White would have played today instead of LRT
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    Morton against his old team?

Have to question why LRT played last 2 games it seems his confidence is down since injury really dont understand the selection when we have White Pyke or Walsh. It show lack of faith in either of this trio IMHO you would want to give all these 3 a game early and see if someone takes there chance...I still dont understand why Jesse was dropped.

Everitt must wash Horse's car every sunday morning?? I understand wanting a FWD line that can rotate through the MF its working well in the MF but not so well up fwd but the balance may not be right.
    I dont think we can have LRT and Everitt in same 22.
    So after my dribble Lrt out for Pyke White or Walsh, and Everitt for Nipper, Morton or TDL
    I dont really think Horse will change too much despite him saying he would take a horses for courses approach, seems same approach every week first half bomb it long to reid this doesnt work so plan B put Goodes at FF.

Cheers

waz

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast