Thread: Barry Hall makes a comeback

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar

Barry Hall makes a comeback

...... for Wangaratta Rovers

I know he didn't finish with us, but as our Premiership captain, he will always be a Swan to me.
    Barry Hall has signed to play for Wangaratta Rovers in the Ovens and Murray League and could eventually line up at the opposite end of the field to Yarrawonga recruit Brendan Fevola.

http://www.bordermail.com.au/news/lo...age=0&tw_p=twt
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

How good would it be to see Baz put one on Fev's chin
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Said before, will say again...I hope everyone gets over it and he returns to the club. Would love to see his influence on White, Walsh and Reid.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I hope he has some fun, but sheesh the guy would have a giant target on him playing country footy. Imagine being the butcher, baker or candlestick maker that cleaned up Barry Hall one afternoon?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I hope he has some fun, but sheesh the guy would have a giant target on him playing country footy. Imagine being the butcher, baker or candlestick maker that cleaned up Barry Hall one afternoon?
    Other than state league football (SAFL, WAFL, VFL atc), the O & M is close to the strongest country league in the country. Therefore, wouldn't be too many snipers running around.

Also, it would be hard to find a bloke with the courage to stand toe to toe with Barry.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Said before, will say again...I hope everyone gets over it and he returns to the club. Would love to see his influence on White, Walsh and Reid.
    I hope so too, but after reading his book who knows.....it will be interesting to see if he turns up to the reunion of the 05 premiership, although that is still 3 years away I guess. It would be great to see him back one day though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post
    Other than state league football (SAFL, WAFL, VFL atc), the O & M is close to the strongest country league in the country. Therefore, wouldn't be too many snipers running around.

Also, it would be hard to find a bloke with the courage to stand toe to toe with Barry.
    Not too many snipers stand toe to toe....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post

Oh, absolutely agree- I've managed to catch a couple of games over the last few years and was really impressed at the standard of footy played there.

But I imagine that even at VFL level there's still some journeymen who'd love to clean him up- and I don't particularly mean standing toe to toe with him (and to be honest, tough as he is, I'm sure there's guys that would fancy themselves doing that, too!).
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Slow news week huh ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    But didn't he declare he was a bulldog for life now?
    Maybe it's him that has to get over it and not us.....

I read last game Fev played they had a crowd over 7000 and takings over $10,000 for the day not bad for a country footy club, you would think Baz is at least if not bigger draw card.
    Great for country footy it would be worth the flight to travel down and watch this one - Fox footy should pick it up it would draw interest Aust wide.

Cheers

waz

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    But didn't he declare he was a bulldog for life now?
    Maybe it's him that has to get over it and not us.....
    It's definitely him , IMO, he was badly treated, and he doesn't want to forget it.
    He acts like a 14 year old sook when it comes to the Swans.
    I've noticed when he has to talk about the Swans on 360, he's very uncomfortable, and only gives the bare minimum.
    Get over yourself Bas, this is a great club that afforded you great reward.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT