Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jude Bolton on The Game Plan OneHD 10.05.12

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Cummings comment on Wayne Carey (1.27) was very funny.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

I'd like to hear Carey's views on Karmichael Hunt now.

He was probably the most vocal of all the critics last year, calling it a total joke and saying if he was playing in the ressies because that 'sideshow' had his place in the firsts, he'd spit the dummy and leave the club...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Still an avg player no matter how much gushing goes on with every @@@@ty kick or misdirected handball he does.

Would hate to see the day he kicks 3 goals. Victoria will go into a whole day of celebration!

"SUCK IT UP NRL"

Anyway just proves how much of an easy game rules is really.

Quote Originally Posted by WeHaveTheGoodes View Post
    Still an avg player no matter how much gushing goes on with every @@@@ty kick or misdirected handball he does.
    Admit it, you haven't seen him play the past month, have you??

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Admit it, you haven't seen him play the past month, have you??
    Yeah i have but big deal..he is doing the same things as other 600 footballers are. The media and the die hards are just gushing over it because he is an ex leaguie and anything that sticks it up the NRL is a big win, as much as the diehards down here in victoira scoff with arrogance that its the other way round.

I just giggle at his comment about loving AFL more than NRL and the reaction from the melb afl diehards..he swooned them with that comment. As if he isnt going to say that.

.....he is doing the same things as other 600 footballers are.
    That's the point.

Carey and a fair smattering of other so called experts said the whole exercise was embarrassing, a disgrace, a sideshow and he'd NEVER be any good whilst his asshole pointed to the ground.

Well guess what, he's proved them wrong and good on him.

Of course, it appears people like you won't think he's a success until he wins a Brownlow and being good enough to easily justify a spot in the team on merit is hardly cause for praise. After all "it just proves how much of an easy game rules is really"

Of course, it appears people like you won't think he's a success until he wins a Brownlow and being good enough to easily justify a spot in the team on merit is hardly cause for praise. After all "it just proves how much of an easy game rules is really"
    Well what do you think? He is one of the highest paid players in the comp with the lowest set of skills. Of course real legends and real good players of the game who were paid a pittance compared to this guy are going to question everything he does.

If he was on a first year salary of say a 2nd year player OK..but he is not.

Well what do you think? ....
    I think he has done a great job and the fact that there is plenty of media about him and his game has proven the pay packet has been earnt.

The inflated salary is not being paid for his playing exploits, it's for providing a profile. I'd suggest the level to which he is playing atm is beyond their expectations and they'd be absolutely rapt with the way he is playing and consider it a bonus.

You can disagree with it for sure, no problem with that, but "If he was on a first year salary of say a 2nd year player OK..but he is not. " suggests that you just don't get it...

Well what do you think? He is one of the highest paid players in the comp with the lowest set of skills. Of course real legends and real good players of the game who were paid a pittance compared to this guy are going to question everything he does.

If he was on a first year salary of say a 2nd year player OK..but he is not.
    Yes it was a marketing exercise, yes they paid a premium to get him, money well spent if yr trying to gather a new audience. Second year and has improved out of sight from where he started. By the 2014 season, he'll be hailed as the greatest convert behind Jim Stynes. Have no doubt, once he gets to full AFL aerobic capacity, he will be running rings around some high profile midfielders, and knocking over a few as well. I said at the start of this experiment it would take 4 years to get him up to speed, I'm revising that down to 3.
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

suggests that you just don't get it...
    I get it more than you think you do, its a marketing exercise einstein!

BUT the problem being it's being marketed to the wrong audience..victorians. I mean is the GC abuzz with talk about him? Are non AFL ex pats talking about him..flocking in numbers to see him? What about QLD or Sydney? Nope nothing..and they are the areas they have paid him to promote the game.

Again its getting plenty of exposure in Melbourne. Thats like trying to convince eskimos they need ice!

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    he'll be hailed as the greatest convert behind Jim Stynes
    LOL..no really..LOL!

I love how AFL diehards think..they really are tragic.

Nice respect you have afforded our tadgh there with that pathetic comment.

And now we resume coverage - Jude Bolton on the Game Plan.

We appreciate him, and many others do too.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Personally i was one of Hunts biggest detractors but have to say the form he's showed this year shows that if persisted with he will become an elite player,the way he can get thru traffic and win the hard ball has really impressed me of late.

Anyway how good is Judes dancing,he did seem a bit perplexed at them showing it and even commented that he didnt know how it had made it onto youtube,anyways im sure thats one party any of us would of loved to be at,what a dte awesome all round guy Jude is.In fact when you hear pretty much any player from the swans talk its a real thrill to see what a great affect our club has on these guys.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast