Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 8: Brisbane Lions Reserves v Sydney Swans Reserves

Veteran Site Admin
    That's a pretty impressive result against a strong opponent. I look forward to reading a report. The scoreline suggests a few players are putting their hands up for promotion to the senior team.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Sydney Swans
    Goal Kickers: M. MORTON 8, T. WALSH 2, J. Davis , T. Thurgarland , M. SPANGHER , H. CUNNINGHAM , A. Moody , N. Bosschieter , J. MOORE , B. MEREDITH
    Best Players: J. MOORE, M. PYKE, T. WALSH, H. CUNNINGHAM, S. BIGGS, C. HEATH

Sounds like a really good result - wouldn't be suprised to see Morton get his first gig in the seniors next week after another strong performance today. At least one of the swans team's today turned up and played out all four quarters!

not being there it is a difficult thing to say - but how exactly does a player who kicks 8 goals not get in the best ?

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    not being there it is a difficult thing to say - but how exactly does a player who kicks 8 goals not get in the best ?
    8 handballs over the top?

I'm sure TDL came under that sort of categorisation last year. Basically it all stems down to whether the player accomplished the tasks set out for him before the game - and in Morton's case I'd wager that would revolve around mainly his defensive work, pressure and tackling .

Yep

I notice that Nathan Gordon wasn't in the team list so he must have been the travelling emergency. Both Armstrong and Walsh played.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Sydney Swans
    Goal Kickers: M. MORTON 8, T. WALSH 2, J. Davis , T. Thurgarland , M. SPANGHER , H. CUNNINGHAM , A. Moody , N. Bosschieter , J. MOORE , B. MEREDITH
    Best Players: J. MOORE, M. PYKE, T. WALSH, H. CUNNINGHAM, S. BIGGS, C. HEATH
    With this info it is fair to say Morton is a far better option than Everitt. I would suggest he would give a contest, kick goals from 5 metres out and know how to shepherd through a goal and not touch it yourself. Pyke must replace Seaby because he is able to give a contest around the ground and can tackle.

Come on nico, structure wise, you would replace Everitt with Morton?

Everitt needs to go, weak, no contest, no run, no tackle. Our problem is who do we slot in?

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Come on nico, structure wise, you would replace Everitt with Morton?
    I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    8 handballs over the top?
    Just a thought Burt! Have you ever seen a Swans Reserves Game? Have you seen one this year? Have you ever seen Morton play? Have you seen him play this year? Why do you always demean players? In my experience most players try their hardest. They don't deliberately fail, that is generally due to circumstances beyond their control, like lack of talent or lack of awareness. Please don't continue to demean players who are at least trying. TDL did most things right tonight that I saw and I would play him next week with Nipper, Tommy, Harry and Pykie.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast