Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Round 8: Brisbane Lions Reserves v Sydney Swans Reserves

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

On the Rookie List
    Morton surely has to come in, kicks 8 after bagging 10 last week (or was it the week before?). It is very frustrating that we have these types of players, that are forwards, in the reserves that should be in the seniors.

Senior Player
    He has 18 in 2 weeks.

He wasn't in the bests. So he didn't tick his major boxes.

He may have done enough regardless. However how/when the ball is coming in is our first problem.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    He has 18 in 2 weeks.

He wasn't in the bests. So he didn't tick his major boxes.

He may have done enough regardless. However how/when the ball is coming in is our first problem.
    Were you at the game the other night? Sure our mids were well down, but it was way too easy for the tigers defence when the ball did get in there. Our first problem is no doubt getting this non existent forward line right IMO and it may help bringing in morton for someone who clearly belongs in the reserves like everitt.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    Were you at the game the other night? Sure our mids were well down, but it was way too easy for the tigers defence when the ball did get in there. Our first problem is no doubt getting this non existent forward line right IMO and it may help bringing in morton for someone who clearly belongs in the reserves like everitt.
    I was there, and I believe the biggest problem was further up the ground. The forwards would be next on my list is all.

I was there, and I believe the biggest problem was further up the ground. The forwards would be next on my list is all.

I know where you're coming from m.m, we'll struggle, as all teams will, when the mids are getting pumped.

The trouble is, the forwards have looked gaddam awful all year and atm, we need the mids to not only win it in the middle, but to get forward and kick the goals as well....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Senior Player
    "Up The ground" problems being more structure related than replacing personnel (obviously Parker was a big hit). But hey we had a lead up forward as sub!....
    The ball all year has been moved to our forwards too high and not to advantage. midfield and the half flankers at both ends being beaten doesn't help the deeper forwards, and we were so far off them when they spread when we won the ball back we were just not in position to attack well. Change up the ruck, win more stoppages bring the ball in to our forward half smarter and then our forwards (who need a personnel shake up due to injury and form) can have a better chance. This also stops the defenders having it brought in so frequently.

Prior to Adelaide we were winning stoppages and contested ball, so our high balls etc were less damaging as we were controlling the game. Soon as we lost control we were exposed.

bah what do I know. I'm just rambling. I'm sure the club that has us at 5-2 will sort us out. We just have to adjust to the cards we have been dealt.

"Up The ground" problems being more structure related than replacing personnel (obviously Parker was a big hit). But hey we had a lead up forward as sub!....
    The ball all year has been moved to our forwards too high and not to advantage. midfield and the half flankers at both ends being beaten doesn't help the deeper forwards, and we were so far off them when they spread when we won the ball back we were just not in position to attack well. Change up the ruck, win more stoppages bring the ball in to our forward half smarter and then our forwards (who need a personnel shake up due to injury and form) can have a better chance. This also stops the defenders having it brought in so frequently.

Prior to Adelaide we were winning stoppages and contested ball, so our high balls etc were less damaging as we were controlling the game. Soon as we lost control we were exposed.

bah what do I know. I'm just rambling. I'm sure the club that has us at 5-2 will sort us out. We just have to adjust to the cards we have been dealt.
    I agree it is structure not personnel. Our match ups have been all wrong the last two weeks. This week we started with Parker sitting on the pine! What was that all about? He should have started on Cotchin. We were all over the place from the start. The same the week before against the Crows. By the time Parker finally got onto the ground the Richmond mids were warm and well on top and they were a few goals up already. I don't know what book they got their match ups from the last two weeks but I'm betting it was the 'Wombles'

Hi, I'm wondering how Tom Thurgarland, one of the top ups played? I was in his year at high school and we were pretty good friends. So just curious from anyone who was at the game or saw it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345