Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shocking Result on the Trading

Originally posted by Rizzo
    Bad to Worse?!?!?!

Last two haven't been so bad...

Nick Davis, C. Bolton

and

Barry Hall, LRT, Scheider
    I was referring to this year's trading only, not previous years. I reckon we did bloody well last year with Davis & Bolton.

You guys can all make a joke of what I'm saying, I really don't care, its not like I'm gonna cry myself to sleep because some internet forum geeks didnt want to be my friends.

All I was saying is that I am disappointed, because it is very difficult to move forward when you try and do everything the same as in the past. If Roosy thinks that going out with the same game plan next year will deliver the same results, or better, then he is wrong. I'm not saying that he is going to do this, I just hope he isnt.

The only way to move forward is to continually improve - improve skills, improve game plans, improve leadership, and also improve the playing list, etc. My comment about bad to worse is that no-one can say that we have improved our playing list during this trading period, hence it is a shocking result IMO.

Originally posted by sharpie
    I was referring to this year's trading only, not previous years. I reckon we did bloody well last year with Davis & Bolton.

You guys can all make a joke of what I'm saying, I really don't care, its not like I'm gonna cry myself to sleep because some internet forum geeks didnt want to be my friends.

All I was saying is that I am disappointed, because it is very difficult to move forward when you try and do everything the same as in the past. If Roosy thinks that going out with the same game plan next year will deliver the same results, or better, then he is wrong. I'm not saying that he is going to do this, I just hope he isnt.

The only way to move forward is to continually improve - improve skills, improve game plans, improve leadership, and also improve the playing list, etc. My comment about bad to worse is that no-one can say that we have improved our playing list during this trading period, hence it is a shocking result IMO.
    Just how were we going to improve our list this year with out giving up something of quality considering where we finished and picks we have on offer?

Fact is we have a bunch of promising middle ranked players who had fantastic years this year, which because in most cases it is only one year would not have commanded much via trading from other clubs.

The only way this year we were going to get anyone of quality by trading or bumping up our draft pick was to offload a top three player (ie Goodes, Hall or O'loughlin).

This year was not the year to do that, Roos knows what the boys are capable of and knows that if he can sustain that and bring on some of the younger talent we have then he can push the heights we did this year without major structural changes.

I for one would have liked a tall KP backman via trading and a higher draft pick to take a young gun inside midfielder but unfortunately we were not in the game this year.

The price you pay for sucess I guess!!!!!!!!!!1

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Problem is that the only way to improve your list through trading is by trading a good player or another team making a mistake a trading for a dud or trading some high draft picks.

We don't exactly have a surfeit of good players and most people would have screamed blue murder if we had traded some high draft picks. Pulling off a trading coup normally involves a bit of luck, unless you are willing to give something good.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Originally posted by DST
    Just how were we going to improve our list this year with out giving up something of quality considering where we finished and picks we have on offer?

Fact is we have a bunch of promising middle ranked players who had fantastic years this year, which because in most cases it is only one year would not have commanded much via trading from other clubs.

The only way this year we were going to get anyone of quality by trading or bumping up our draft pick was to offload a top three player (ie Goodes, Hall or O'loughlin).

This year was not the year to do that, Roos knows what the boys are capable of and knows that if he can sustain that and bring on some of the younger talent we have then he can push the heights we did this year without major structural changes.

I for one would have liked a tall KP backman via trading and a higher draft pick to take a young gun inside midfielder but unfortunately we were not in the game this year.

The price you pay for sucess I guess!!!!!!!!!!1

DST
    Fair enough, but I can still be disappointed that we didnt manage to snare anyone, especially after having a number of players indicating they wanted to head to the Swans only to turn around later. And I still havent made any sense of the Scott Stevens trade.

Haha - and you're not a geek while everyone else here is! So, you're different to others on this forum because... LOL

My comment about bad to worse is that no-one can say that we have improved our playing list during this trading period, hence it is a shocking result IMO.
    I'm curious - what hypothetical trades do you think could have improved our playing list?

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Originally posted by NMWBloods
    Haha - and you're not a geek while everyone else here is! So, you're different to others on this forum because... LOL
    Yeah, thats right! No, I was just venting...

I'm curious - what hypothetical trades do you think could have improved our playing list?
    Hypothetically, a lot of trades would have improved our playing list. Hypothetically, we could trade for anyone we wanted. Its all hypothetical.

Hypothetically, a lot of trades would have improved our playing list. Hypothetically, we could trade for anyone we wanted. Its all hypothetical.
    But if you are going to attack the Swans' trading efforts, perhaps you should provide some ideas of what players, or type of players, we should have tried to snare and what you would be willing to give up for them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12