Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Capper back at the SCG

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    No one's ever seen George Clooney and I in the same room either.
    That's a fair point, maybe we should meet up some day?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    If they are I'm setting up my telescope in the Brewongle and praying we score a lot.
    Today on RWO I learnt that Big Al is into drag queens. Good on you Al, whatever rocks your boat
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

As well as the Swantits there was also that group behind the goals at the southern end dressed up as goal umpires (back in the days of white coats and hats) who would all get up and copy the goal umpire. It started off as a few people and became a large group. 1987-88 was a lot of fun at the SCG. The team was playing well, we had some truly great players, we were winning a lot of games, we got crowds into the 30,000s for the first time ever (games against Carlton and Hawthorn were the big crowd pullers), the Swannettes were cheerleading, the Swantits were taking the piss out of them, and then there was that ridiculous half time entertainment (Tommy Ten Pin and co).
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    As well as the Swantits there was also that group behind the goals at the southern end dressed up as goal umpires (back in the days of white coats and hats) who would all get up and copy the goal umpire. It started off as a few people and became a large group. 1987-88 was a lot of fun at the SCG. The team was playing well, we had some truly great players, we were winning a lot of games, we got crowds into the 30,000s for the first time ever (games against Carlton and Hawthorn were the big crowd pullers), the Swannettes were cheerleading, the Swantits were taking the piss out of them, and then there was that ridiculous half time entertainment (Tommy Ten Pin and co).

I remember this!

Kids used to do it back in the 70s in melbourne as well. Except not dressed up as goal umpires and they would jump the fence and wait for the goal ump to signal a goal! Gee footy used to be fun to go to as opposed to the sterile conditions today!

Hopefully on Saturday the team can replicate that amazing hat trick of thrashings that we inflicted upon Richmond, Essendon and West Coast at the SCG. The Swanettes really earned their money at those games.
    Occupational hazards:

Sorry, what was that? I'm too busy rehearsing the Swans song

You'd be better off committing murder today than jumping on the ground. Shorter sentence. I never went to a game in teh 80's, bit busy. Whatever happened to the beach balls at games, haven't seen one in years, has this too been outlawed, I remember going to games and sitting on that old concrete stand between teh members and the O'reilly, no seats just concrete, it was part of teh outer then, think it was 13 bucks including public transport, god I'm old
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

It's really surreal watching old footage and watching grounds filled at the brim with people on the roofs of the stands all throughout the game!

Though i do remember years ago (1982 i think) a kid at the SCG during a one dayer falling down and being killed after standing the roof of old berowongle stand. After that incident and the tragedies that followed both in the EPL and champions league a few years later it made sure that we would never see full houses nor people standing on roofs watching games at grounds.

I am putting in for a Mexican wave. Anyone game? We can boo the ladies stand. mind you timing would have to be perfect with the empty Noble stand now. Maybe instead of round and round we could go back and forth?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I am putting in for a Mexican wave. Anyone game? We can boo the ladies stand. mind you timing would have to be perfect with the empty Noble stand now. Maybe instead of round and round we could go back and forth?
    No.

Simply No.

Have you ever been to a cricket match (the outer) when the waves starts up? Yeah i love being covered in beer, pies and maybe some urine.

No.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by WeHaveTheGoodes View Post
    No.

Simply No.

Have you ever been to a cricket match (the outer) when the waves starts up? Yeah i love being covered in beer, pies and maybe some urine.

No.
    That sounds a lot like my night out with Big Al.

Okay, let me get this straight - I'm a drag queen lover (or possibly a drag queen myself) who likes to throw food, beer and other unmentionables on to other patrons.

The secret is out and I can no longer hide who I really am so:

GO THE PIES!
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast