Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Round 9: Sydney Swans Reserves v Eastlake Demons

Wonderful to see highlights from the Two's put up on the Swans site. This means the Melbourne crew get to have a look at the talent coming through even if it is only highlights. It will still give the Melbourne Mob a reasonable idea how some of the newbies play.

Alex Brown should be back playing in a fortnight apparently. By the way I have liked Heath this year so far, he has trouble with some of the Monsters but with normal FF he is really good. I also liked the time Jordan Lockyer spent on the field. He has a pretty safe pair of hands, good delivery and makes pretty good decisions. We probably need to draft one or two Key backs soon as some of our backs are getting on a bit. I think there are plenty to take the place of Marty and Rhyce when they retire but the Key Backs could be a problem if we don't draft next year.

Goes up to 11
    I think Lockyer will slot nicely into our backline from what I've seen of him so far. Probably not this year, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him there in 2013. Cambo could step in now if required but I can't see a spot opening up for him at this stage - he is good depth cover to have though.

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    The Strut!!! Nah, sticking with my name for the lad.
    Since there's been a song written about him, don't we have to stick with the strut?
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Opti-pessi-misti
    Thanks for all the snippets on how you see 'Cambo' might fit in in the future. It has been hard (from a distance) to see who he might be a ready replacement for. Not a tall KPP, or a runner - maybe a Mattner or someone who could release Smithy for jobs further up the field? A bit of a worry if Jordan Lockyer is a similar sort of player.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I think Lockyer will slot nicely into our backline from what I've seen of him so far. Probably not this year, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him there in 2013. Cambo could step in now if required but I can't see a spot opening up for him at this stage - he is good depth cover to have though.
    I would not be surprised to see him have a game this year! Campbell Heath is being groomed for the Teddy role. The role of playing on the true Full Forwards like Riewaldt and guys like Walker! He will make it if he perseveres with the training they are giving him. He has a good idea of what it takes to play Full Back. The thing is someone like Reg will always take the monsters! He may in a year or two play Full Back depending on when Teddy retires. But we must look for more Key Posie Backs and a new ruck soon!
    Last edited by wolftone57; 23rd May 2012 at 09:25 PM.

On the Rookie List
    Not much of a mention for Biggs with votes the last 2 games? Anyone know what sort of stats he is getting? I saw him a couple of years ago as an elevated U18 to Warrandyte Bloods 3rd div EFL VIC seniors team and his skills stood out.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567