Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 9 vs Saints

Yes. Morton has to do what the coaches require consistently, and even then will have to wait until a spot opens up. Just like TDL had to, and he looks to be a better player for it.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?xvuwfk

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    I'll start by saying I hate this thread and I rarely read it as it is usually full of negativity and I'm not someone who is critical of individuals by any stretch of the imagination.
    Now, Blind Freddy can see that Reid is a much better player than Morton. However, I can only go on the results for the twos and what I've seen in the ones as I've just moved to Perth and can't watch the twos any more. I've also only seen one quarter of yesterday's game so far so I haven't seen Reid's second half.
    Morton I consider to be a KPP forward, not a small, and as such it's not TDL that has the spot he could fill - it's Reid or Walsh.
    Reid has been struggling big time with that best defender, and my thinking was Morton's confidence would be sky high right now and Reid's could do with the boost a big bag in the twos would bring.
    As I said in the original post, I'm not saying it should happen, I'm just suggesting it should be considered short term.
    Twos watchers will be able to give me a reason, Morton must wonder what he has to do, kicking big bags and being beaten to a spot by White and Walsh.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeEmmAre View Post
    I'll start by saying I hate this thread and I rarely read it as it is usually full of negativity and I'm not someone who is critical of individuals by any stretch of the imagination.
    Now, Blind Freddy can see that Reid is a much better player than Morton. However, I can only go on the results for the twos and what I've seen in the ones as I've just moved to Perth and can't watch the twos any more. I've also only seen one quarter of yesterday's game so far so I haven't seen Reid's second half.
    Morton I consider to be a KPP forward, not a small, and as such it's not TDL that has the spot he could fill - it's Reid or Walsh.
    Reid has been struggling big time with that best defender, and my thinking was Morton's confidence would be sky high right now and Reid's could do with the boost a big bag in the twos would bring.
    As I said in the original post, I'm not saying it should happen, I'm just suggesting it should be considered short term.
    Twos watchers will be able to give me a reason, Morton must wonder what he has to do, kicking big bags and being beaten to a spot by White and Walsh.
    Morton has kicked a bag lately but hasn't made it into the best 6 which gives us an indication of what the coaches are thinking. Also Morton was diabolically bad right up to only 3 weeks ago and needs a run of consistent form to get a look in.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeEmmAre View Post
    Morton is 186cms (6'1") and so is therefore not a KPP forward. Whilst I think he'll get games this year if he keeps his Reserves formline on an upward arc, it would not be replacing Sam. If Sam needed a rest, Jesse would be his replacement IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    No Change.....except sub.
    Bird to get a full game.
    Sub who ever needs a break the most...AJ looked stiff and sore for mine.
    Agree. Change the sub and leave everything else. Giving AJ a rest is a good idea (we forget how young he is) but Bird in for him isn't like for like so it would unbalance the back 6.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Morton is 186cms (6'1") and so is therefore not a KPP forward. Whilst I think he'll get games this year if he keeps his Reserves formline on an upward arc, it would not be replacing Sam. If Sam needed a rest, Jesse would be his replacement IMHO.
    This whole Morton=KPP thing really puzzles me too, it's come up several times ever since we picked him up. I can't understand where such a bizarre notion came from.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    PS
    The Saints lost Stanley with a hamstring and are without McEvoy with a knee. They may be forced to play VERY small this weekend.
    In which case . . . .
    Perhaps we might consider dropping a defensive tall, perhaps AJ (especially if he's not 100%) and bringing in Armstrong?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

The Saints small forwards have been kicking all their goals, if someone was rested might be better to put Bird on a s a defensive forward. I think if anyone needs a rest it's Jude, he looked a bit tired too. Imagine holding Jude on the bench til late 3rd q, what would the war face look like??? hehehehehehehehe
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Goes up to 11
    Hopefully Kosi will be subbed off in tears 10 minutes into the game after taking a few hits from Pykey too.... Then they'll be in trouble in the ruck...

There's some real interesting matchups this week for sure.

Saad and Milera have looked more dangerous than Milne the past few weeks, but Milne is absolutely Smooch's bitch, so can't see us not taking advantage of that again. Mattner will probably get one of the others and than we have some decisions. Rhyce could look after the other small with Birdy back in to run with Dal Santo. Lots of options.

AJ may just wear the vest this week for lack of a matchup. In that case, I'd love to see him come on in the second half as a forward...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

How about resting Jude and giving Meredith a go as the sub. He's strung a few good games together in the Ressies. Once Tom Mitchell is ready to go it will be hard for Merry to get a game.
    If Johnson need a rest, we might try Armstrong, as has been mentioned, we probably don't need 3 tall backs with the Saints' smalls doing the heavy scoring.

Can LRT beat Kosi in the ruck? Not being facetious, just wondering about opinions
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast