Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 9 vs Saints

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Sammy was getting his hands on the ball in the second half and you could see his confidence starting to return. Remember he attracts a good defender and sometime 2 defenders so he certainly won't and shouldn't be dropped.

No changes for me.
    Yeah I agree, I noticed reid getting more confident in the 2nd half, hopefully it can be the start of some good form for him. No changes for me either, the forward line worked well the other night albeit against a rabble of a team. Was very happy to see seaby and everitt out, hopefully it stays that way now.

After watching the ressies I thought Benny McGlynn might be up against it a bit this week and facing a bit of pressure from Morton, as I thought he has been well down lately.
    But I thought Benny bounced back brilliantly during the game and whilst not quite back to his best, like Sam he took a few giant strides in the right direction.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    Yeah I agree, I noticed reid getting more confident in the 2nd half, hopefully it can be the start of some good form for him. No changes for me either, the forward line worked well the other night albeit against a rabble of a team. Was very happy to see seaby and everitt out, hopefully it stays that way now.
    Yeah, Obviously the coaching staff who know the kid decided to play him through the niggles and soreness and get him back in form while still holding down his spot in the A,s. Personally I disagreed with this and while never suggesting he should be dropped I thought he could well claim a leave pass for a game or two through injury then come back into the A's (.ie injured NOT demoted) I personally think this is how young players should be managed. I am happy to be proven wrong and its great to see him hitting some form in the last quarter. The coaching staff obviously think he will be stronger for toughing it out and they seem to be right at this stage. I think Walsh's debut was as expected and I loved TDL in the forwards.He stands out as a forward who knows how to play in the forwards. Pyke was good too.

Not quite sure how to read your assessment of Walsh, but for what its worth I thought he was good. Better than I realistically expected Competed hard, made a lot of contests, kept working. If that effort persists he"ll play some really good games for us. Good debut Tommy.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?0v1adv

Veterans List
    I cant see how any of our players could be sore after last week as Melbourne hardly laid a tackle. In my view AJ was subbed because he turned the footy over too many times when under no pressure, and it was a very late sub anyway.

No change.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I cant see how any of our players could be sore after last week as Melbourne hardly laid a tackle. In my view AJ was subbed because he turned the footy over too many times when under no pressure, and it was a very late sub anyway.

No change.
    I also think he was subbed after he gave away a 50m penalty, dropped his head and did not make it back onto the mark which allowed the Dees' player to simply play on into the foward 50 and have a shot.
    Swannies for life!

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Morton has kicked a bag lately but hasn't made it into the best 6 which gives us an indication of what the coaches are thinking. Also Morton was diabolically bad right up to only 3 weeks ago and needs a run of consistent form to get a look in.
    This is the fairest response I've seen, thanks Al. I know he was awful in the early part of the season as I saw those games, but since I left he seems to have really hit his straps and I thought a glut of goals would have to put him in contention.

Just because he is not 190cm plus, doesn't mean he is not a KPP in my opinion. If I remember correctly, he played full forward for both West Coast and Richmond regularly (I know not with a lot of success, but that was more because he didn't do the
    1%ers - something he certainly has to do to get a game for us). I believe he is not a crumbing small forward, and as such, he is closer to Reid's spot than TDLs. Obviously there is no agreement with my thought that Reid would benefit from a couple of weeks in the twos to get his confidence back and Morton deserves a chance to see if he can be a good pick up for us. That's fine, I'll leave it at that.
    P.S. I'm up to halfway through the third quarter watching the replay, and we looked every bit as good as Melbourne looked bad. And I've still hardly seen Reid.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

I heard a great interview from Morton on SEN over summer. At the time I think he accepted he had a lot of work to do. He would benefit from reserves games until he learns pressure skills and tackling. Some of his lazy aspects that you can see need to be coached out of him. I do expect him to break into the side though, we do need a mid sized forward especially with Rohan out for the year

Mitch Morton v Jared Crouch in a "lazy aspect" forum. Hmm.....almost feeling sorry for MM! I am sure Crouchy will sort things out. He has that sort of persona. Uncompromising attention to detail.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    PS
    The Saints lost Stanley with a hamstring and are without McEvoy with a knee. They may be forced to play VERY small this weekend.
    In which case . . . .
    Perhaps we might consider dropping a defensive tall, perhaps AJ (especially if he's not 100%) and bringing in Armstrong?
    Yep, this occurred to me too RnR - when they touched up the Blues, it was their speedy smalls that did it and being down a ruckman - and with the Tigers precedent vs us as further corroboration - they may choose to go this route again. If so, your suggested switch of Armstrong for Johnson sounds like the right one. Can't see there being any other changes from a top notch effort on Saturday but they will need to get the forward match ups right.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I hope they don't drop AJ. I think he's pretty versatile in defence and can play short and tall. Offers more than Armstrong IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeEmmAre View Post
    I'll start by saying I hate this thread and I rarely read it as it is usually full of negativity and I'm not someone who is critical of individuals by any stretch of the imagination.
    I'll go against the trend. Has anyone else notice a big improvement in the style of some of players? Both Jetta and AJ are looking much better for a decent haircut and Seaby looks better with longer hair rather than the short-all-over he was wearing last year. Have the swans brought in a style consultant, perhaps?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast