Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blues vs Crows

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...2/default.aspx

This came out of the Murphy incident, I don't understand what the coaches are on about, are they saying the players would have slid in feet first to avoid hurting themselves? It's football, a collision sport, people get hurt, ask Gaz
    Players might get hurt in collisions!!!! You mean like they have for the last 150 years? What a load of crap these whining coaches are talking.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    And two weeks in a row just doubles the enjoyment. Carlton are my most hated team at the moment for the way they have been rewarded for their years of tanking, to see them comprensibly beaten just brings the biggest smile to my face!

If we can't win it this year I would love to see Adelaide do it, bogan fans and all!
    Yep, I have no respect for any team that tanks eg Carlton, St Kilda, West Coast.

Adelaide, like Sydney, are rarely out of the 8. When they do slip out of the 8 they still dont tank, rather they try to finish as high as they can and get back into the 8 as soon as they can. That earns my respect.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    Yep, I have no respect for any team that tanks eg Carlton, St Kilda, West Coast.

Adelaide, like Sydney, are rarely out of the 8. When they do slip out of the 8 they still dont tank, rather they try to finish as high as they can and get back into the 8 as soon as they can. That earns my respect.
    +1

While some of their supporters can be nut jobs the club itself is culturally pretty close to the Swans. The Crowd thrashing Carltank made a great weekend even better.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

You haven't got up close and personal with the Port supporters Al. The Crows fans might be annoying but at least they are recognisably homo-sapien.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    You haven't got up close and personal with the Port supporters Al. The Crows fans might be annoying but at least they are recognisably homo-sapien.
    Can't say I've had the pleasure but from reports they should be investigated by scientists for evidence of the missing link.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post

Yeah but its not Carltons fault they were allowed to tank regardless. This goes back to the AFL and the secret summit held over the summer of 2006-07 to ensure that melbourne teams always remained competitive and never miss out on playing finals again. Since then all we have seen are all victorian Grand Finals and concessions given to victorian clubs. Coincidence? Hardly.

If anything you should have no respect for the AFL.

At least the NRL doesnt encourage TANKING aye crusier.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by WeHaveTheGoodes View Post
    Yeah but its not Carltons fault they were allowed to tank regardless. This goes back to the AFL and the secret summit held over the summer of 2006-07 to ensure that melbourne teams always remained competitive and never miss out on playing finals again. Since then all we have seen are all victorian Grand Finals and concessions given to victorian clubs. Coincidence? Hardly.

If anything you should have no respect for the AFL.

At least the NRL doesnt encourage TANKING aye crusier.
    What happened in the 'secret summit'? I'd be interested to learn more about that - where do I find information on it?

There was no secret summit, i was being fictitious..or maybe there was but it was an unofficial gathering of victorian club presidents.

But at the end of the 2006 the herald sun went on a campaign to make sure no victorian team misses out on playing finals and we don't have a situtation like 2001-06 where interstate sides dominated. They did use "The AFL needs to hold a summit" in regards to this fiasco. If you search the herald dumb it will be there.

The next 5 GF winners and participants were all victorian and teams like the blues and the demons were handed concessions for coming last and the boss of the AFL, a victorian, denied that tanking occured.

Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by WeHaveTheGoodes View Post
    There was no secret summit, i was being fictitious..or maybe there was but it was an unofficial gathering of victorian club presidents.

But at the end of the 2006 the herald sun went on a campaign to make sure no victorian team misses out on playing finals and we don't have a situtation like 2001-06 where interstate sides dominated. They did use "The AFL needs to hold a summit" in regards to this fiasco. If you search the herald dumb it will be there.

The next 5 GF winners and participants were all victorian and teams like the blues and the demons were handed concessions for coming last and the boss of the AFL, a victorian, denied that tanking occured.

Coincidence?
    Pretty hard for all Victorian teams to not miss out on playing finals when there is a final 8 and 10 Victorian teams!

I love a good conspiracy theory, this however hard I look, is not a good conspiracy theory though.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    You haven't got up close and personal with the Port supporters Al.
    On a side note watching the Port final minutes against North on the weekend I saw that lady PA fan from the 2003 final who had the scowl and was sucking the lemons the whole game. She looks quite nice with a smile on her face celebrating.

Anyway, I love the way the Crows are playing. Can't wait to see them up against West Coast and Essendon and was pretty happy to see them account for Carlton so easily.
    Our game against them was super.
    I genuinely believe we are Top 4 based on that game. There wasn't much in it. We just need to hold tough over the next weeks.
    With Mummy and Goodes in > watch out!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12