Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: Saints v. Swans gameday thread

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    If this article is correct (and there is no reason as to why it shouldnt be) then it is another argument for getting rid of the gorillas up front and just going with mids and smalls. This would open the door for Nipper and Harry and would allow us to rotate our midfield through the forward line (which we do anyway). If footy is heading for a period like this, then maybe we should innovate and be the first to try it. What do we have to lose?
    Let's not assume there's no place for keys, it seems to me that een if "The key forward is no longer the prime avenue to attack, indeed he is now but the conduit for a plethora of others." That statement can be paraphrased thusly 'no key = no plethora'

I also suspect the umpires current disinterest in penalising marking infringements will shortly come to an end.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    We sucked.
    Badly.
    Simple and too the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    I've met Blake on a couple of occasions through a family friend and I'd be surprised if he's any taller than 189cm.

I have no issue with Pyke for the record, he's a better option than Seaby but I just thought we should've had more of an advantage in the ruck on Saturday.
    I think they were mismatched, LRT should have followed Blake and Pyke with Kosi. Altho this creates a conundrum in the ruck, Blake easily outran Pyke and probably blew him up a bit, hence by the second quarter, Myke was feeling the pinch. Few more senior games into him and that won't happen so much. I still think Pyke gives more in play and is harder to move than Seaby, but really, handballing to a stationary Pyke in the middle of teh ground and hoping he can distribute the ball?
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930