Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: contested possession and tackles down against Saints !

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Quote Originally Posted by swans_premiers View Post
    What is this thrashing business?
    We lost by 28 points.

We won 2 quarters, they won 2 quarters.

We did not get thrashed
    You're kidding me right? What was it 11 goals 13 St Kilda kicked after quarter time to a few junk time goals here and there for us?
    If they decided to kick straight we would of had a loss similar to the Melbourne game at the MCG 2 years ago.

WE GOT THRASHED.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

It was worse than that. We didn't get the ball over half way for more than a minute ot two in the second quarter. It would be one thing to say there were a few bounces of the ball (and there were) and a few umpiring decisions (and there was) but we simply didnt look like we could move the ball more than 50 metres. It was like watching littl league games where the ball never moves from one end.

The influence of Kennedy and Parker at teh stoppages has been quelled by the better teams. St Kilda have a very hard at it midfield and exposed us in the ruck by playing Blake on Pyke, who had no chance with mobility. Our game style becomes exposed when we can't lock the ball in the contest until we get a clean posession. The Saints moved the ball on quickly and had effective fowards who managed to slip their opponents. Smooch doesn't usually get three goals kicked on him, and u could write a long list of players who were down on the day. I often think we expect too much from young players up against seasoned opponents, but it's important to bring them through as a unit to get the experience playing together. Take out 2 cogs on the wheel as important as Goodes and Mummy any team will struggle a bit, look at Saints last year without Hayes, struggle, Hawks without Hodge? Imagine taking Stanton and Watson away from Dons, they'd fall in a screaming heap. Keep the faith, we want to be good enough to get to the finals, and then play our best footy, I'm not certain that the top 4 is a necessity this year, but we need to keep our best players on the paddock.
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by swans_premiers View Post
    What is this thrashing business?
    We lost by 28 points.

We won 2 quarters, they won 2 quarters.

We did not get thrashed
    I believe that when the game was there to be won the scoring shots were 28 to 5 or thereabouts...not sure how you assess a thrashing....:-)

Notwithstanding we won the first quarter.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12