View Poll Results: I have considered this deeply and arrived at the following conclusion:

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 9.52%
  • No

10 47.62%
  • I will consider it, but if in the meantime it comes off I will claim I thought of the idea months ago.

6 28.57%
  • ROK is OLD!

3 14.29%

Thread: Sam Reid: Potential Rucking Goliath

Sam Reid: Potential Rucking Goliath

Was thinking about ways Sam Reid could be more involved in the game (as you do) and starting considering his potential as a ruckman. Everything about the way he moves, jumps and runs reminds me of a centre in basketball, and we all know of the synergy between bball and aussie rules.

I know alot of peoples first reaction would be to say NO WAY, thoughts stemming from possible injury and our success of turning KP into this new 2nd ruck/forward role.

But what if everyone has it the wrong way around? White was a KP being forced into the ruck. What if Reid is a ruckman being forced to play KP?

I salavate at the thought of Natanui and Reid going head to head....and I thing Reid may have it over him.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Oh, you said RUCKING Goliath....
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    But what if everyone has it the wrong way around? White was a KP being forced into the ruck. What if Reid is a ruckman being forced to play KP?
    A very interesting thought experiment BH. The lamentable sisification of ruckwork by the 'Sooks of the Game' committee makes your propositon at least worth thinking about . . . . .
    However this peoples reaction is still to say NO WAY, and for the reasons you state.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Was thinking about ways Sam Reid could be more involved in the game (as you do) and starting considering his potential as a ruckman. Everything about the way he moves, jumps and runs reminds me of a centre in basketball, and we all know of the synergy between bball and aussie rules.

I know alot of peoples first reaction would be to say NO WAY, thoughts stemming from possible injury and our success of turning KP into this new 2nd ruck/forward role.

I salavate at the thought of Natanui and Reid going head to head....and I thing Reid may have it over him.
    I like the idea for the next couple of games to try and get Sam more involved playing as 2nd ruck resting as deep ff, but not as a long term option.

Cheers

waz

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't mind him doing a bit of ruck work as Hally used to do in the forward line, but not to play as a second ruck.
    He is still very young, and still learning the game. He is a work in progress, I think that 2nd ruck may distract him from his current lessons.

Maybe when he gets to be 24 or 25 and has fulled out properly he could take some of teh inside 50 contests, right now I wouldn't be wearing him out against big bodied ruckmen and taking away from learning teh possie at CHF
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    I'd play him in the reserves.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Veterans List
    Anyone remember Graham Teasdale?

Potential star full forward until clubs worked him out, who became a Brownlow medallist in the year he was switched to the ruck.

I have no objection to him being given a run in the ruck.

Maybe not right now full time, but in a couple of seasons who knows. Has the mobility.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post

Potential star full forward until clubs worked him out, who became a Brownlow medallist in the year he was switched to the ruck.

I have no objection to him being given a run in the ruck.

Maybe not right now full time, but in a couple of seasons who knows. Has the mobility.
    Sam would probably look good in a brown suit with the big lapelles's.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    A former North Shore (SFL) player.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.