Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 10: Sydney Swans Reserves v Gold Coast Suns Reserves

Why don't they just move the game to Homebush, the surface there is already up to @@@@
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Thanks for the update Ugg - a great read on the Ressies as always.

Not so happy with the Swans management on this one though - we're playing in Blacktown??? Seriously?? What's wrong with Lakeside Oval? Blacktown is not exactly convenient...... Unless you are a GWS supporter that is.

I know we have no control over the weather but I would have thought a closer venue could have been found....
    What the @@@@ is wrong with the SCG?

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I am pretty pissed off about the decision. We had some moderately heavy rain here in Sydney on Tuesday morning but it cleared up in the afternoon and we've had barely a sprinkling since then. The drainage at the SCG is excellent, and even if steadily rained between now and Sunday (and still no sign of any rain), the ground would pull up pretty well. It is a long way from the conditions we had this time last year where it relentlessly poured down for weeks on end.

Watching the reserves play before the senior game is all part of the day for me, and I look forward to the early match just as much as the senior game. Trekking out to Blacktown in the morning and then battling through the traffic to get back to the SCG on time just isn't on, at least for me.
    I want to see my reserves play on our ground when it is their home ground. I don't wish to see them play on a surface that is not home to them. If the SCG is not good enough then why not play the game at the Lake Oval. Bugger Blacktown that is not a home ground and disadvantages our resies incredibly. I love to see the Two's before the main game it is one of the reasons to go to the footy. To see theup & coming players doing the rounds!

I agree with you Liz this is @@@@e!!!

One thing I will say is I think the Swans are as weak as piss on this issue! They could fight for a home ground advantage for the Two's but they didn't! Bugger you Swans Management!!!!!

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    Nothing to do with Swans management and everything to do with stupid Sydney's stupid councils and stupid parks trust. Couldn't possibly play on a wet surface and risk making it unsuitable to play on, some time in the future, when it might not be raining...
    Well that rule applies to junior Clubs across Sydney. Parklea Markets is a lovely place on the weekend. Some people even have relatives living in the government provided accomodation across the road.

Plenty of time to see the ressies, stop for a fresh box of vegies and back to the SCG to watch some C grade celebs with wedgies.

I'm still workin my way up the list here but am sure glad the mullet is coming back into fashion. Go you Tiger trend setters.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Looks like we need to pitch in and get a RWO chopper.
    Unless the pink one is still around
    I think he might have crashed that one in Melbourne.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Hmmm... Yes, why not lakeside? While i recognise that the facilities at Doonside are actually pretty good, why would they move it across town at the last minute when the training oval just outside the SCG has been used many times before for NEAFL games? The AFL has a stake in the Doonside venue, hence why it is an easier option than, say, NSO, but I'm not sure why it would not be at Lakeside to give regular watchers a chance to see both games?

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Opti-pessi-misti
    Sad but true these days, it seems that when the AFL makes decisions about game times, venues etc. what is best for the supporters (and sometimes the teams involved too) are way down on their list of priorities. (Oops, what happened to my decision to cut back on the negativity!)

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I've decided to make the trek out to Blacktown and then the mad dash across to the SCG

So follow the ressies action on Twitter @swansreserves Click the link in my signature if you have no idea what I just wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I've decided to make the trek out to Blacktown and then the mad dash across to the SCG

So follow the ressies action on Twitter @swansreserves Click the link in my signature if you have no idea what I just wrote.
    Might see you out there - I'll probably go until halftime, then grab the wife and kid and head to the SCG.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Bless you ugg. Above and Beyond.

He deserves a medal Scott.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It sounds like Spangher is staking a claim for a forward spot? Going by ugg's tweets he has 4 and we're not at half time yet.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast