Thread: The Changing of the Draw

pr. dim-melb; m not f

The Changing of the Draw

Garry Lyon is one of the more thoughtful commentators on the game. He has an interesting suggestion about changing the makeup of the final eight. I would like to see it tried as a fairer approach than the one we have. What do others think?
    Levelling the playing field
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Garry Lyon is one of the more thoughtful commentators on the game. He has an interesting suggestion about changing the makeup of the final eight. I would like to see it tried as a fairer approach than the one we have. What do others think?
    Levelling the playing field
    I like it. Adds some interest to the latter part of the season.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

No. He obviously has too much time on his hands. I agree there is some inequalities in the draw, that's life, get on with it.

A lottery between the bottom 10 sides is going to make zero difference to the end result.

I think it sounds like a great idea. The wildcard weekend would be very exciting for not only the supporters of the teams involved but also for the top six teams. I also like the idea of the top six teams having a bye week before finals and the AFL would LOVE the idea of an extra weeks $ in the coffers!