Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread - Swans vs Bulldogs

Senior Player
    Yes Alan, I reckon two ruckmen work.

I hated LRT being the second ruckman as he is not cut out for that IMHO. LRT is, however, a bloody hard at it trier!

Mumford is a huge boost to the side - hell, damn near as much as #37 - heresy I know, but there it is....

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Wow, two proper ruckman worked, who would have thought? Nice win boys.
    I am amazed it worked!! Almost as amazing is the way playng youngsters has worked! We obviously have some smart thinkers at selection.

Check out the Rhyce Shaw post match interview on Swans site - seems he was under more even pressure from incoming elastoplast in the interview - Absolute Classic and never flinched - and what a game he played today - exceptional game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    Our efficiency early really set the tone. The Dogs were getting more of the ball early but we played good wet weather footy from the 1st minute and really took our chances. From there it was great to see us not relent on the effort for the full four quarters. Thought Shaw was brilliant, providing run directly up the ground all day, and this was so important to be direct in the conditions. Jude was tireless in and under while Hanners was the same outside. LRT contested brilliantly up forward - IMHO his best game when he has played primarily forward. Jetta showed his class again after a slow start - who'd have picked him to be averaging about 2 1/2 goals a game? Ted showed just how well he reads the play - the number of times he would peel back off his man to get an uncontested possession in the backline knowing the ball was coming in there was phenomenal. And great for Mummy to get some game time into him, and be able to play out the full game.

Only downside was Parker's broken collarbone.
    Oh and I forgot to add how much better our forward line looks with TDL there - a lot less predictable and he is a natural forward, knows how to read the ball and manoeuvre his opponent under the flight where needed. Keep him in the 22 and away from the green vest!!!

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    LJ the sub? You gone mad?
    haha sorry meant AJ!

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I thought that was a quite extraordinary performance - in the wet and against a team that isn't too bad.

Loved Lewis RT's attack on the contest.
    Loved Shaw's run run run - his best game of the year by far, especially as he started out also responsible for the dangerous Dalhaus
    Loved how Hanners just kept going all game long. He doesn't do the flash but he's as relentless as they come.
    Loved Lewis J's dash, flair, skill, composure, modesty (most of the time).
    Loved Old Man Jude turning back the clock.
    Love Ted. Full stop.
    Ditto on all!!

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Shaw, Richards, Hanneberry, Jack and evergreen Bolton outstanding but everyone was impressive. A great team effort for four quarters!

Go Bloods!

Good performance on a wet day, even though the Doggies were never at the races.

Lots of highlights out of today - fantastic Jude showing at 289 afl games young just how good he is in slippery conditions - as graceful as watching swan lake at the ballet he is in the wet!

Jetta with 4 wonderful goals - that 2nd goal from the boundary was miraculous, not only for the brilliance of the kick, but just the brilliant technique from Lewis to achieve it.

Hanners was fabulous today, as was Jack in the middle. Shaw's run was magnificent (Same please next week!) and the rest of the boys down back didn't give the Dogs a sniff.

After a great round of results for us, next week is a HUGE game for us. Win it and I reckon we can be pretty satisfied at the turn. Lose and it will be disappointing considering our good start.

Big blow losing Parker today, but having Mummy back was great to see (Pyke was excellent too I thought), and hopefully we can build on the good win next week. Bring on the Bombers, should be another cracker!

Senior Player
    ...have we become a good wet weather team?

I think we're a really good SCG team. If we can bottle our Sydney form and take it to Melbourne...

Jetta's equal fourth in the goalkickers' table with Hawkins and N. Reiwoldt, 24 each. The only small forward in the top eight.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    ...have we become a good wet weather team?
    We should be after all the wet Sydney games in the last couple of years.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    omg please forgive me for not getting out of my sick bed to attend today.
    NARF!
    It was a good day Wardy but just as enjoyable in your jim jams from the lounge. Bet you wondered if you had over-medicated in the first quarter!