Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Match Day Thread - Swans vs Bulldogs

Veteran Site Admin
    At the start of the final quarter I thought the Dogs were going to make the scoreline more respectable, so tired did many of the Swans look. Full credit to them that they pushed through it and actually increased their lead.

I've thought long and hard about posting this, for fear of hurting the feelings of the individual involved. But based on what I've read today, I think it's ok. (Let me know if you think otherwise).

About 5 years back, a friend's kid had two swans come and visit his class (Matthews & Laidlaw, I believe). They were there to promote some government "healthy choices" initiative about eating vegetables or something. Here's how it went down..

Swans: "So kids, do you know what happens if you don't eat right?"
    Kid: "Yep. You end up like Nick Davis".

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    I've thought long and hard about posting this, for fear of hurting the feelings of the individual involved. But based on what I've read today, I think it's ok. (Let me know if you think otherwise).

About 5 years back, a friend's kid had two swans come and visit his class (Matthews & Laidlaw, I believe). They were there to promote some government "healthy choices" initiative about eating vegetables or something. Here's how it went down..

Hahaha, I reckon that's perfectly ok, in fact I reckon Nick himself would have a good laugh!

Groovers!!
    What a tops game.

Have I told you how much I love Jets?
    Have you met Ted?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I thought that was a quite extraordinary performance - in the wet and against a team that isn't too bad.

Loved Lewis RT's attack on the contest.
    Loved Shaw's run run run - his best game of the year by far, especially as he started out also responsible for the dangerous Dalhaus
    Loved how Hanners just kept going all game long. He doesn't do the flash but he's as relentless as they come.
    Loved Lewis J's dash, flair, skill, composure, modesty (most of the time).
    Loved Old Man Jude turning back the clock.
    Love Ted. Full stop.
    Absolutely Liz. So much to love.

I was so glad TDL finally got a game NOT as the sub. He is a clever little forward - that first goal was classic cheeky reserves-grade chance taking. Not only puts 6 points on the board but really makes the opposition kick themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    4 out of 4!
    Excellent work, Lucky. Looking forward to your predictions for this week.

Really, really impressed with Pyke. Gets the first touch, puts it where he wants it. Sticks his tackles too, though somehow I always think he looks like he's being rather delicate. I know it must be some kind of optical illusion but he looks like a big guy trying not to hurt the kiddies even as he pins them down mercilessly. (I know, probably just beer goggle related.)
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post

Smart kid.

I heard another that with Swans coaching drills, you always worked to the simplest person. So if Luffy got it, everyone else was sure to get it.

You can't hide anything from us over cable in Montana.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    We must have been sitting very near you.
    Was it the howling or hairy face that gave him away?

The great flood was to prevent the great comeback. We won by 80 points and you still can't please some people on here. Damn I'm mad we don't have one player with a mullet.

Stay off RWO if we lose next week. The comments will be predictable. So put on the country music and fill up with the moonshine instead.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    Smart kid.

I heard another that with Swans coaching drills, you always worked to the simplest person. So if Luffy got it, everyone else was sure to get it.

You can't hide anything from us over cable in Montana.
    You know the silliest thing about this? Luffy is 41 or 42 now, and he is STILL playing, in the Sydney comp. Love the nuff nuff.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    Was it the howling or hairy face that gave him away?

The great flood was to prevent the great comeback. We won by 80 points and you still can't please some people on here. Damn I'm mad we don't have one player with a mullet.

Stay off RWO if we lose next week. The comments will be predictable. So put on the country music and fill up with the moonshine instead.
    I rekon it was the 57.

Ever had anyone put one of your records on Layby?
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    I rekon it was the 57.

Ever had anyone put one of your records on Layby?
    Yeah, I believe it was the boudour combo deal - Barry White and myself.

Warming the Bench
    Anyone see/tape/upload the Teddy interview at halftime? Forgot to record the game and the repeat doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby_bolts View Post
    Anyone see/tape/upload the Teddy interview at halftime? Forgot to record the game and the repeat doesn't have it.
    Got the whole game, Teddy, and Goodes interviews inc. Both pretty short, but if u want a copy, pm yr address
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415