Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bombers vs Swans

Bombers vs Swans

if we can win the away game against the Bombers I will certainly be bullish on us winning 8 games on the way home

If we cant 7 would still be a good result !

this year 14wins may still get us 4th ? not in many other seasons !

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Bombers will come out absolutely firing after there loss to the Dees. We'll have to be at our best to hold them back.

On the Rookie List
    The Bomber's loss to the Dee's last year started there form slump last year, here's hoping history repeats!

I'll go out on a limb and predict a close one.

The last three games:

2011: Rd 2 d Ess 5 points ANZ
    Rd 20 lost to Ess 1 point Etihad
    2010: Rd 11 d Ess 9 points SCG
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    I'll go out on a limb and predict a close one.

The last three games:

2011: Rd 2 d Ess 5 points ANZ
    Rd 20 lost to Ess 1 point Etihad
    2010: Rd 11 d Ess 9 points SCG
    Sounds like the mid 96 era.

I am not so sure the loss tothe Dees this weeks is a bad thing.. With an experienced side you would expect they would bounce back hard but with the baby Bombers it may just make them feel a little vunerable..If we can start anything like today we will take them. This is our time to win again in Melbourne..

It is a huge game next week. Turning at 8-3 looks pretty good to me, 7-4 disappointing considering our start. Under the roof on a Saturday night will be tough. The Bombers will be smarting after this weekend. A huge game, that I think will tell us a lot about our season. Get a win and we can go into the bye with some confidence, knowing Goodesy is close to returning and with a tough run to come to really test our mettle. Lose and we really will be back in the pack trying hard to hang on to the top 4.

Looking forward to it, it should be an absolutely smashing game - as long as its like last year but with the result reversed, then I'll be a happy man. That was an absolutely brilliant game of footy, even if we didn't win it in the end.

Big test for the boys, hopefully the first of many this season that we can pass with flying colours.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    I am not so sure the loss tothe Dees this weeks is a bad thing.. With an experienced side you would expect they would bounce back hard but with the baby Bombers it may just make them feel a little vunerable..If we can start anything like today we will take them. This is our time to win again in Melbourne..
    The opening quarter will be huge. We need to get away well and then kick on with it - unlike what happened against the Saints.

Such a strange year of Footy . Anyone can beat anyone on their day really ( excepting maybe the two newbies) and no team is unbeatable. This will be tough to win, but a 4 qtr effort from everyone will see us go a long way towards winning. Mummy will be better for the run and did some nice things. Armstrong and Dennis Lane both did good things too. Lewis Jetta cannot kick a behind to save himself, complete reversal of two years ago. God I love him.

2-3 weeks ago I was dreading this game, we lost to Richmond and our Melbourne record was going from bad to worse, and Essendon were absolutely flying.
    Now that the bombers have lost a game, and we've had another good win/performance against the bulldogs(I know, I know...it was in Sydney), I like our chances. Would rather Goodes out there than not, but thats how its gotta be.
    We look so much better with the 2 rucks in, Mummy will so much better for the run, also having TDL out there makes us look like we have something that looks like a forward line now.
    I'll be there, somewhere on level 1 in the AFL members, yelling wildly and giving crap to the MANY bombers supporters around me....GO BLOODS!!!!

*****Congratulate me folks....thats 900 posts for me now, quickly closing in on 1000.****

It's a relatively simple equation with Bombers, sit on Watson and Stanton and hopefully remove their influence, and you go a long way to beating them
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Need 4 qtrs of committed footy over everything else and forward pressure.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast