Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 11 V Bombers

On the Rookie List swansprincess's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Wow. There is still LRT bashing after the game he played yesterday.

RWO is unbelievable.
    No one is 'bashing' LRT. Everyone agrees he played a great game, BUT there are better options than him to be considered for next week.

And as plugger pointed out: "LRT competed and presented well. However, he had 7 possessions in a 15 goal smashing - I doubt he's the answer up forward against quality opposition."

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Reading the reserves tweets I went into the seniors thinking Spang definitely in for LRT, however, I think LRT had his best game of the year.
    Both of them attack the ball pretty fearlessly so a bit of a toss up.

Wow. There is still LRT bashing after the game he played yesterday.

RWO is unbelievable.
    Bashing? I know you love him but talk about sensitive.

I said he competed well. He was good. I thought the 'Dogs were woeful and I questioned whether LRT's going to be the answer up forward against the better teams. What's the problem with that?
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

As I said earlier, I reckon we need a replacement in the small to medium category, chances are, whom ever it is, they'll be in the lurid green vest.
    So I'd like to see Nipper, who has some versatility, given a go. He's been consistent in the 2's, he's been on the list for a while now...
    It's time to see if he is ever going to make it at AFL level.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by swansprincess View Post
    We're making exactly the same points but for two different people. You say LRT shouldn't be dropped because he played well, but Pyke played a great game also, why should he be the one to go?
    I'm saying that Spang should come in for LRT because I think it would help win us the game against the dons. Stranger things have happened, so I guess it's just a wait and see.
    Pyke vs LRT - one is considered an essential part of the team, the other isn't. Simple. And most know I'd love the Moose to be a big part of our team as we move forward - and I really hope he plays this weekend, even if it means we don't get the immediate joy of The Strut - at least we'd be better in the ruck. It's a trade-off.

Spang vs LRT - surely the best chance of winning would be to drop Reid for Spang and have LRT and Spang as our two tall forwards. Do you expect that to happen? I don't, for the same reason I don't expect LRT to be dropped. LRT being fit and on the ground and Reid eventually stepping up are seen as our best chances to progress well in 2012 and into 2013 (hopefully as defending premiers with Reid our top goal scorer).

I thought Reid moved and jumped better yesterday than he has for a while. I get the feeling he's not far away from some good form.
    I also liked seeing him up on the wing a bit yesterday, I hope they continue that ploy...and suspect they will, while we have Mummy, Pyke and LTR/Spangher(for the sake of an argument) in the team together.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by swansprincess View Post
    Sorry for having a goddamn opinion. ...
    x2

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Bashing? I know you love him but talk about sensitive.

I said he competed well. He was good. I thought the 'Dogs were woeful and I questioned whether LRT's going to be the answer up forward against the better teams. What's the problem with that?
    Saying he should be dropped amounts to the same thing.

He had a great game, looked very good up forward, charged into packs, took pressure off Reid, led well and gave us a solid target. All in conditions hardly ideal for a key forward.

I'm not suggesting that LRT is the next great hope up forward. However by playing well there it adds another string to his bow giving us even greater flexibility. Aside from Goodes, no one in the team can play the multitude of positions well that LRT can.

One of the first picked in my book.

LRT was bloody brilliant yesterday and did a lot more without having to pinch hit in the ruck - he's not gonna get dropped so let's leave it there. Pyke was great too so I hope we stick with what we've got for next week. Now is not the time to go shorter again with the ruck threats Essendon have. The question is really who comes in for Parker. Horse tends to give the last man in the sub role no matter who it is so my fearless prediction is Armstrong into the 21 and Spangher in as sub.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

I don't think it's out of the question that Spangher could come in for Parker. When Kennedy is not injured WCE normally play 2 rucks plus 3 talls in the forward line to great success. Reid, LRT and Spangher are all good runners and compete reasonably well at ground level and can tackle. We can easily cover Parker's inside midfield role, with Bolton or ROK for instance, so we are really talking about Spangher in a forward role usually taken by a midfielder. Another possibility would be to move LRT to the back and have Johnson cover a smaller player, like Melksham, which he has done effectively in the past. Also, with rotations, it is likely that we would have one tall on the bench most of the game anyway. The value of LRT in the team is that he can play front and back as well as in the Ruck.

Furthermore, this may be the only chance to experiment with the 2 ruck, tall forward line setup (ala West Coast), because once Goodes comes back this deal is off.

I think it's worth a go.

He had a great game, looked very good up forward, charged into packs, took pressure off Reid, led well and gave us a solid target. All in conditions hardly ideal for a key forward.

I'm not suggesting that LRT is the next great hope up forward. However by playing well there it adds another string to his bow giving us even greater flexibility. Aside from Goodes, no one in the team can play the multitude of positions well that LRT can.

I didn't say he should be dropped for this week and I don't think there's any chance he will be dropped.

He performed his role well yesterday but our midfield dominance and the 'Dogs lack of key defenders made for a pretty good day for the forwards. Obviously for the time being, he deserves to hold his spot though.

Against good opposition and if we're going to stick with Pyke as the second ruckman/resting forward, I think Spangher could be a better forward option than LRT. People will suggest that he can go back but with Grundy and Richards doing so well and few teams having 3 genuine tall forwards, it's pretty unlikely.

I just think we need to see a few more weeks of Mumford/Pyke/LRT in the one side before declaring it a definite winner. That is not LRT bashing in my view.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Veterans List

Wot he said.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast