Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 11 V Bombers

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Old rule: don't change a winning combination. Of course we have to, with Parker's injury, and I suspect that Armstrong will get the nod. The question then is another tall (Spangher, not White or Everitt) or the prime substitute choice, a mid/utility. I lean towards the second option, but it needs to be someone with a bit of pace - perhaps Cunningham will return.
    I like seeing LRT perform as he did yesterday: he's a good back, a respectable forward, a fairly useless ruck. We must keep Mummy and Pyke together; they enhance each other.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    If Mummy, Pyke and LRT all play, then you would think we need a smaller replacement.
    But hell, I thought playing those three in the wet today was crazy, but it seemed to work.
    Horse said the Dogs took in 3 200cm players, so in comparison, they were taller

It's a conundrum replacing Parker, ideally you want someone who can go in hard and lay tackles etc, however, playing Etihad next week, the team probably needs a tweak to add a link man on the wing. I assume Horse will play a hard tag on Stanton(agent Smith) and Possibly Watson(maybe Bird) ROK will play more in the clinches with Jude, and JPK. Most people, Horse included, won't like the idea, but Everit would be my pick to come in, possibly as the sub with Armstrong in the back six covering for Smith who will be tagging. I wouldn't tinker with the forward setup, it seemed to get the job done this week. Mitchell isn't ready for seniors at a fitness level, and Spang has played 3 ressies games after a long time out with a hammie, he'll be needing more time before he gets a run. Definitely, we need to change our game a little for the longer ground, which I believe is more important than who comes in. No way I'd remove Pyke, teh ruck combo seemed to work and LRT had a better game as a result
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

On the Rookie List
    If Mummy is fit to ruck the majority of a game, I can see us going:

In: Spang (2nd tall FWD), Eski/Morton (Any small for Parks is likely to get the green vest, so someone who can have an impact in a quarter of footy)

Out: Parker (inj), Pyke (stiff but is behind Sugar Shane and LRT)

Though against the Dons who have a good set of versatile talls (Bellchambers, Ryder, Hurley, Carlisle all are mobile) we may keep the 3 ruck options and bring in a runner (Eski most likely) for Parker and leave it at that.
    Twitter: @tp_rose

Everitt in as the sub is the only change I can see.
    We didn't make wholesale changes after the car accidents that were the Saints and Tiges games so I can't see any changes other than the necessity of covering Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    I didn't say he should be dropped for this week and I don't think there's any chance he will be dropped.

He performed his role well yesterday but our midfield dominance and the 'Dogs lack of key defenders made for a pretty good day for the forwards. Obviously for the time being, he deserves to hold his spot though.

Against good opposition and if we're going to stick with Pyke as the second ruckman/resting forward, I think Spangher could be a better forward option than LRT. People will suggest that he can go back but with Grundy and Richards doing so well and few teams having 3 genuine tall forwards, it's pretty unlikely.

I just think we need to see a few more weeks of Mumford/Pyke/LRT in the one side before declaring it a definite winner. That is not LRT bashing in my view.
    What he said.

I like LRT, but think he should be in the backline, and would probably have him ahead of Richards ordinarily. But Richards is in smoking hot form and he has probably dropped to 3rd in the KD list.

LRT is not a solution at FF. Most people who are pro LRT say he'll take pressure off Reid. Spanger is a better option who has shown he works well with Reid in the past, taking pressure off him.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Everitt in as the sub is the only change I can see.
    We didn't make wholesale changes after the car accidents that were the Saints and Tiges games so I can't see any changes other than the necessity of covering Parker.
    Most likely. Armstrong can pay a full game, pushing Shaw or Smith into the midfield. Spangher to wait another week.

Everitt in, seriously ? To do what exactly ? I think we'll have to cover Parkers loss from within the team, possibly Mcglynn spending some significant time on the ball, and Jude and ROK to increase their minutes on ball . Perhaps then we would need to bring in another small/mid forward to cover Mcglynn. Not a Morton flag waver, but has he been going okay in the magoos, is he ready for a chance? Him and TDL together could prove a handful. Other than that maybe Harry C if he can be elevated, he could make a good sub. He did okay in the Nab cup against the Bombers at Etihad. Could give us a real lift coming on in a tight game.

lRt was very ordinary. The fact that heis getting a gig astounding. Did not look like taking a mark yesterday, and we were all over the doggies he is not a forward

I dont know what game you were wtaching but i thought LRT was good, probably close to the best he's looked up forward for us. Made a strong contest, crashed packs, made defenders earn any marks in our F50, clunked some good grabs, and kicked 2? I thought allowing him to concentrate soley on playing forward really made a difference to his performance.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    lRt was very ordinary. The fact that heis getting a gig astounding. Did not look like taking a mark yesterday, and we were all over the doggies he is not a forward
    From memory he took a couple of good marks. I thought he played a great game around the ground. His experience and courage are invaluable. Different fans obviously have differing opinions, but I can see why LRT would be picked in the best 22 each week.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Everitt in, seriously ? To do what exactly ?
    Primarily to wear the vest for 3 quarters. Yes Cunningham could be a good option for Etihad. But can't see them debuting anyone for this match. Nor playing around too much with the forward structure. But what do i know?

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    LRT had quite a good match actually - did a lot of work off the ball that you may not have seen on TV, plus he had a real impact on a number of contests. Whilst I agree that the chopping and changing of his roles this year has not been beneficial for his game, I think we'll find that he keeps his place in the team due to the great effort he put in yesterday.

My guess would be that the Spang will come back in due to his performances in Ressies whilst regaining his fitness. Would love to see Tom Mitchell but feel he'll be held back a bit longer.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast