Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 11 V Bombers

Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    lRt was very ordinary. The fact that heis getting a gig astounding. Did not look like taking a mark yesterday, and we were all over the doggies he is not a forward
    Wrong here for mine. He was good yesterday (even on TV). I'm definitely in the "LRT is in our best 22" camp.

lRt was very ordinary. The fact that heis getting a gig astounding. Did not look like taking a mark yesterday, and we were all over the doggies he is not a forward
    I know I support LRT, but regardless of what camp you are in, he played well yesterday and to say otherwise is simply stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I know I support LRT, but regardless of what camp you are in, he played well yesterday and to say otherwise is simply stupid.
    Agreed. Dunno if Reggi was trolling but LRT was excellent yesterday.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

I thought it was LRTs best game of the year but it certainly wasn't great and I'm not sure that he can return to the form of old unless he's a regular backman. He wouldn't be in my top 22 otherwise (mind you as a spectacle he would be sorely missed). I think Pyke and Mumford are a good combo, both seem pretty versatile.

Cunningham, if he's in form, for Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Agree totally Reggi just having the usual weekly dig at LRT.

Nipper or malcheski to wear the green vest next week I reckon. Parker going to be super hard to replace

And now apparently we have to cover Benny Mac. The MRP are a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I dont know what game you were wtaching but i thought LRT was good, probably close to the best he's looked up forward for us. Made a strong contest, crashed packs, made defenders earn any marks in our F50, clunked some good grabs, and kicked 2? I thought allowing him to concentrate soley on playing forward really made a difference to his performance.
    LRT was all over Lake and gave Reid some room to move. I thought that LRT was good in the forward line on Sunday! While he was not a Lockett or Hall, he did made their back line be accountable and gave us something to kick too in the forward line...

Agree 110 % that he is a backman, however I would suggest that he went well on the weekend up forward. A handy utility that can do a something at either end and pinch hitter in the rucks.. Long way from being a passenger!

IMO

Rod_

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    And now apparently we have to cover Benny Mac. The MRP are a joke!
    How are they a joke if Benny did indeed strike Patty?

We must have been watching 2 different games yesterday Reggi! Up in the O'Reilly we were saying how it was LRTs best game in quite a while. He competed, bought the ball to ground and we thought took some good grabs in the wet. He definitely played the role that was asked of him in the wet weather yesterday.
    Swannies for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    We must have been watching 2 different games yesterday Reggi! Up in the O'Reilly we were saying how it was LRTs best game in quite a while. He competed, bought the ball to ground and we thought took some good grabs in the wet. He definitely played the role that was asked of him in the wet weather yesterday.
    Are my eyes playing tricks or is LRT more filled out in the upper body? If they are trying to turn him into a forward it would make sense to get him into the weights room and pump him up strength wise.

Assuming Benny is out, along with Parks it leaves a large gap in our midfield rotations. TDL looks safe in the fwd line, who do we bring in that can get into teh hard stuff now. Fair enough, ROK, Jude and JPK, methinks we need one more hard nut in there, I'd prefer to see Kizza left outside with Hanners, tough week at selection, they might have to pluck one of teh kids from the ressies
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Now we need to replace 2 small tough, go get the ball types.
    Who in the 2's fits the bill......Is it time to unveil Tommy Mitchell ?
    Circumstances may mean YES !
    As for the other spot....nominations anyone?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    Are my eyes playing tricks or is LRT more filled out in the upper body? If they are trying to turn him into a forward it would make sense to get him into the weights room and pump him up strength wise.
    He does a look bigger in the upper body which is lending more to a forward / back up ruckman. Doubt LRT has the pace to compete with most younger forwards now back in defence.

I just think you could almost hear Longmire saying to LRT prior to yesterday - "LRT, it's wet. There's going to be a lot of long kicks for meterage out of stoppages today. All I want you to do is provide a contest, bring the ball to ground, do not be outmarked. Work it to the boundary if you need to say we can reset"

If that's what Horse said...LRT played it to a tee!
    Swannies for life!

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast