Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Home games at Skoda Stadium?

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Maybe.

But there's no denying that yesterday's "turnout" would have seriously hurt the club's bottom line. I'm amazed that so many posters on this thread don't appear to care about that.
    I think you'll find that most posters care about a small crowd hurting the club's bottom line, but equally can understand factors why people didn't get there.

I guarantee that when the club received the draw and saw a 3:15 start on a Sunday arvo against the Bulldogs they would have already made a note next to it for "small crowd".
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Maybe.

But there's no denying that yesterday's "turnout" would have seriously hurt the club's bottom line. I'm amazed that so many posters on this thread don't appear to care about that.
    I imagine many of the posters on here , like myself, are paid up members.
    The only bottom line I was hurting, by not going, was my own.
    Crap weather, crap time slot, 1/3 ground a building site and a poor drawing opposition.....it's simply, like most things in life...a matter of circumstance.
    If we get less than 15k to our next home game...Friday night versus the Cats....then you have reason to be concerned.
    But barring some extraordinary circumstances, I'll bet there will be well over 30k for that match.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Moore View Post
    That was a disgrace. I was told that the upstairs level of the Victor Trumper was "sold out" when trying to get some friends who'd bought GA tickets up to sit with us in the red zone, given it was raining and there were free seats everywhere on the top level. How people can argue that a section is sold out when there are thousands of empty chairs staring them in the face as they say it is beyond me. Good thing there are like 6 different staircases up to the top levels.

I've also had a couple of experiences this year being told that GA tickets are sold out when trying to get friends in to games that were anything but sold out. And it's happened before this year, too.

Blatantly lying to members isn't good enough. I know it's more to do with Ticketek and the SCG, but the Swans should demand more from their service providers.
    I have a reserved seat membership so it doesn't affect me personally, but I've heard of this sort of thing happening at every Swans home game so far this season - where Ticketek has labelled categories of seating as being "sold out" when they aren't. Even while I was walking past the ticket windows to get to the gate, one of the categories was shown on the boards at the gate as sold out - even though anyone looking inside the ground could clearly see that it wasn't.

If it happened once, OK, technical computer glitches happen. But the fact that this has happened at every game at the SCG so far this season is completely unacceptable - and the Swans should be seeking answers from Ticketek over why this is happening.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    I imagine many of the posters on here , like myself, are paid up members.
    The only bottom line I was hurting, by not going, was my own.
    Crap weather, crap time slot, 1/3 ground a building site and a poor drawing opposition.....it's simply, like most things in life...a matter of circumstance.
    If we get less than 15k to our next home game...Friday night versus the Cats....then you have reason to be concerned.
    But barring some extraordinary circumstances, I'll bet there will be well over 30k for that match.
    You certainly have plenty of excuses for yesterday's poor attendance.

So do some people in the Sydney media, according to these excerpts from the SMH this morning:

"More people intended to come, but when the time came for the short migration from Paddington's many pubs, motions were unanimously passed to remain at the bar.
    The rain was so relentless that buses up Oxford Street were replaced by ferries. Neither Moses nor Adam Goodes could have parted these waters. That anyone managed to arrive at all was one miracle...those fans who dared come would return home soaked but happy."

What a load of absolute, unmitigated drivel. The rain was nowhere near that bad, and it had stopped completely during the match.

Talk about fair-weather supporters.

Goes up to 11
    You certainly have plenty of excuses for yesterday's poor attendance.

So do some people in the Sydney media, according to these excerpts from the SMH this morning:

What a load of absolute, unmitigated drivel. The rain was nowhere near that bad, and it had stopped completely during the match.

Talk about fair-weather supporters.
    It's not drivel; it's quite true - a number of people I go with opted for the warmth and comfort of the pub instead of sitting out in the rain. I had put faith in the weather forecasters who said it would clear up, and it did, so I was extremely happy I went. But what is your point in jumping up and down at those people who chose not to go? Got a solution to the problem?

Maybe.

How would paid up members not turning up hurt the clubs bottom line?
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Goes up to 11
    I have sent off a few questions to the club about ticketing etc so stay tuned.....

Regular in the Side
    Let's face it. If we can only draw 13,505 people to one of our home games - a crowd the Giants would be pleased with - we may as well give Skoda Stadium a try.

There just isn't any excuse for so many of our Sydney members not attending a home game.
    What a load of rubbish! If you think there is no excuse for members and supporters putting other areas of their lives ahead of the Swans then you need to take a good, hard look at yourself. I myself didn't go to the game (and I'm a full club member, so the club already has my money) because the time slot is terrible. With young kids and an hour and a half commute each way to the game it was never a good time for me and my family. Added to this, we have family commitments on Sundays which makes those games iffy at the best of times. I love my Swans and have been a supporter since they moved to Sydney and going to games since the days when 13 505 was a fantastic crowd for us, but I will not put them before what is best for me and my family.
    Life's not a spectator sport

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    How would paid up members not turning up hurt the clubs bottom line?
    Ask the club.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Moore View Post
    That was a disgrace. I was told that the upstairs level of the Victor Trumper was "sold out" when trying to get some friends who'd bought GA tickets up to sit with us in the red zone, given it was raining and there were free seats everywhere on the top level. How people can argue that a section is sold out when there are thousands of empty chairs staring them in the face as they say it is beyond me. Good thing there are like 6 different staircases up to the top levels.

I've also had a couple of experiences this year being told that GA tickets are sold out when trying to get friends in to games that were anything but sold out. And it's happened before this year, too.

Blatantly lying to members isn't good enough. I know it's more to do with Ticketek and the SCG, but the Swans should demand more from their service providers.

But Sydneysiders do love a whinge about weather/time slots/traffic/whatever, as evidenced by this thread. Compared to Melbournites, they're bloody soft.

Seriously, people in Sydney would have you believe Melbourne football supporters are carried to the game on individual palanquins by teams of oiled eunuchs, and that's what accounts for the good crowds.

The fact is they're more committed to their teams and less inclined to whinge about minor inconveniences. They face bad weather, @@@@ transport and unhelpful time slots, but they still get to games
    Seriously, most Sydneysiders care very little about what Melbourne football supporters do or dont do. Most would just ask what else is there to do in Melbourne?

There just isn't any excuse for so many of our Sydney members not attending a home game.
    3.15 on a Sunday.

All the excuse anyone needs.
    -

Ask the club.
    You made the statement, you should answer the question.
    Infact, my not going, and offering up my seat back to the club, will mean more money for the coffers should they on sell it.
    Therefore improving their bottom line...Wow I'm an even better, more selfless, supporter than I thought.
    However in all seriousness, you went because you wanted to and chose to make it your priority for the afternoon.
    Others have different priorities and chose differently. This really is a ridiculous debate...I'm signing out of this one.
    Last edited by ernie koala; 4th June 2012 at 01:03 PM.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast