Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Home games at Skoda Stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    I imagine many of the posters on here , like myself, are paid up members.
    The only bottom line I was hurting, by not going, was my own.
    Crap weather, crap time slot, 1/3 ground a building site and a poor drawing opposition.....it's simply, like most things in life...a matter of circumstance.
    If we get less than 15k to our next home game...Friday night versus the Cats....then you have reason to be concerned.
    But barring some extraordinary circumstances, I'll bet there will be well over 30k for that match.
    I'm not sure about this. You not turning up may hurt the club regarding its contract with the SCG. Generally stadiums charge the code/club on an occupancy basis.

It was a pathetic turnout regardless of weather, construction, opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    Seriously, most Sydneysiders care very little about what Melbourne football supporters do or dont do. Most would just ask what else is there to do in Melbourne?
    The roof shuts on 3 stadiums down here, we know the weather is bad in winter, where Sydney siders live in denial :-)

Well I was there...

Exited hospital after 4 days in at 12:15pm Sunday. Was at the SCG at 2:10pm to watch a magnificant display of wet weather football. Love my Swans, love my footy and will always be at the home games!
    Swannies for life!

I was there too. The weather was good from about 10mins in. The ongoing Ticketek thing is a fiasco, and I've had complaints from people I know about the situation every SCG home game this year. No other excuses are good enough IMO. Support your team by getting out there. 3.15 Sunday is a decent time, you're home by 7. It's a winter sport for heaven's sake!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Did you manage to sneak back in before the nurses noticed your absence?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Well I was there...

Exited hospital after 4 days in at 12:15pm Sunday. Was at the SCG at 2:10pm to watch a magnificant display of wet weather football. Love my Swans, love my footy and will always be at the home games!
    Luxury....I was scheduled for a liver transplant sunday arvo, so I took the medical team to the concourse, refused anything that would put me to sleep, bit down on a piece of leather, got the new liver and enjoyed the game...
    Beat that.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Luxury....I was scheduled for a liver transplant sunday arvo, so I took the medical team to the concourse, refused anything that would put me to sleep, bit down on a piece of leather, got the new liver and enjoyed the game...
    Beat that.
    Liver? You sure? Not spleen?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    Seriously, most Sydneysiders care very little about what Melbourne football supporters do or dont do. Most would just ask what else is there to do in Melbourne?
    The same things there are to do up here that stop people going - warm houses, TVs, couches.

Sydneysiders SHOULD care about what Melbourne football supporters do, because their willingness to actually go to games consistently and in large numbers is the big reason the code is so financially healthy.

This club shouldn't be in the position of having to regularly rely on AFL financial assistance, but it has in the past and will again in the future.

Same goes for League. They're only really just cottoning on to the fact that they actually need people to turn up to the games.

The attitude to attending sport in Sydney is pretty underwhelming. They want big succesful teams and codes, but only if they can watch them for free from their couch.

I loved the low crowd numbers - no line ups for food or drink, empty toilets and out of the carpark in the quickest time ever.

Stay at home everyone - im fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    3.15 on a Sunday.

All the excuse anyone needs.
    Not really. We drew a crowd of 21,049 in Round 4 to the game against North in the same time slot.

It's pretty sad that more than a third of those people couldn't bother showing up again yesterday.

^ Crowd realized it was a horrible timeslot so didn't bother to turn up when it came around again..
    Last edited by CJK; 4th June 2012 at 02:20 PM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Maybe.
    I
    But there's no denying that yesterday's "turnout" would have seriously hurt the club's bottom line. I'm amazed that so many posters on this thread don't appear to care about that.
    so you are saying that I should hv risked my health by going? We probably still got more out game than any of the NRL games so why get upset and panicky ? More important things to worry about.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast