Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Home games at Skoda Stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Crap weather, crap time slot, 1/3 ground a building site and a poor drawing opposition.....it's simply, like most things in life...a matter of circumstance.
    They haven't been "poor drawing opposition" at all. Since becoming the Western Bulldogs in 1997, our average crowd against them at the SCG has been 25,568. In fact, we drew a club record 36,554 against them a couple of seasons ago.

You have to go back to the Footscray-era, pre-1996 - when both clubs were basket cases - to see such pathetic crowd numbers against them.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Liver? You sure? Not spleen?
    No no, it's not Ernie venting his spleen today.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    so you are saying that I should hv risked my health by going? We probably still got more out game than any of the NRL games so why get upset and panicky ? More important things to worry about.
    No, of course not. I just find it hard to believe that between Round 4 and now that more than one third of the crowd would have to pull out due to ill health or whatever else. It's not a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Maybe.

But there's no denying that yesterday's "turnout" would have seriously hurt the club's bottom line. I'm amazed that so many posters on this thread don't appear to care about that.
    No, of course not. I just find it hard to believe that between Round 4 and now that more than one third of the crowd would have to pull out due to ill health or whatever else. It's not a good look.
    OMG everyone under no circumstances are any of us paid up members ever allowed to have a day off from attending coz its just not a good look - you heard it here first.

I did however go the Manly game on Friday night - now that's a time for football, 7.35 pm. Mmmmm......

Was an easy decision where to allocate my Football $ this weekend.

Just 2K short or the Swans crowd at Brookvale so looks like all the Northern Beaches Swans fans followed my lead.
    -

Between round 4 and now we haven't been quite so convincing in our performances either, although that wouldn't stop me, trying to get back to Wolongong on a Sunday night on a cold miserable train would
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    Between round 4 and now we haven't been quite so convincing in our performances either, although that wouldn't stop me, trying to get back to Wolongong on a Sunday night on a cold miserable train would
    Isn't that kinda Cheer Squad's point though? If a major reason why the crowd was down was that the Swans have had a couple of disappointing performances in the past month, it is quite sad. Of course, the weather would have been an issue, and phantom ticket sell-outs may be a factor for casual attendees (the members of the future), and individual members might have had good individual reasons why they didn't attend. But overall, it was a disappointing turn-out.

Goes up to 11
    Not really. We drew a crowd of 21,049 in Round 4 to the game against North in the same time slot.

It's pretty sad that more than a third of those people couldn't bother showing up again yesterday.
    CS if you like I'll round up the 9 people of my group who didn't bother turning up yesterday due to what they considered poor weather, and you can yell at them at the next game - will that help?

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Isn't that kinda Cheer Squad's point though? If a major reason why the crowd was down was that the Swans have had a couple of disappointing performances in the past month, it is quite sad. Of course, the weather would have been an issue, and phantom ticket sell-outs may be a factor for casual attendees (the members of the future), and individual members might have had good individual reasons why they didn't attend. But overall, it was a disappointing turn-out.
    It was a poor turn out, no denying that, I can only speak for myself and my sob story, which no one wants to hear, but people have their own reasons for not attending
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Ask the club.
    No, you made the statement, you prove your point.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by J_Moore View Post
    The same things there are to do up here that stop people going - warm houses, TVs, couches.

Sydneysiders SHOULD care about what Melbourne football supporters do, because their willingness to actually go to games consistently and in large numbers is the big reason the code is so financially healthy.
    Ironically, it's the warm houses, couches and TV, that are the reason the code is so financially healthy........TV rights ring a bell ?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

On the Rookie List
    This just confirms the swans still need to be competitive to attact a decent crowd in sydney....the losses against the saints and tigers no doubt hurt and also half or a good chunk of the ground is under construction. Fact is we win against tiges and saints and there is probably 25k plus there IMO. Yes people do have their own reasons for not attending and fair enough, but it just confirms we will never ever be like the eagles or crows who get huge attendances at their games rain, hail, shine and whether they are competitive or not. Its a real shame.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast