Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Home games at Skoda Stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    No, of course not. I just find it hard to believe that between Round 4 and now that more than one third of the crowd would have to pull out due to ill health or whatever else. It's not a good look.
    Not a good look for who?

You really should get off your high horse. People make choices, supporting the Swans is not a dictatorship, despite you thinking you can dictate your opinions to others. Just because someone makes a different choice to you doesn't make their choice wrong, only different.

This argument is like trying to get my ex-wife to see sense, she is so opinionated that no matter if I can prove I am right she will she tell me I am wrong!
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Ironically, it's the warm houses, couches and TV, that are the reason the code is so financially healthy........TV rights ring a bell ?
    Good point, I'd much prefer to go to the game, life isn't always that easy, and as Mick once said, "you can't always git what u want"
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Ironically, it's the warm houses, couches and TV, that are the reason the code is so financially healthy........TV rights ring a bell ?
    The TV rights windfall is a massive boost, no doubt. But networks will pay a lot of money because it's a very strong league, and it's a very strong league because its been able to fund the development of the game off the back of consistently solid attendances, which have meant most clubs can stand on their own two feet without constant league assistance.

Goes up to 11
    Our attendances have been fairly low this year, some of which we'd be able to attribute to having a second team here in Sydney. It would be foolish to think that GWS's fans would all be new to the AFL; surely we have lost a few thousand to them already. Maybe this is the new reality we have to face.

That said, I would wait and see what our crowd v Geelong is like in a few weeks. If the weather is good, anything less than 25,000 will be a disappointment and further point to the loss of a portion of our fans (or at least previous attendees of games) to GWS.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Not a good look for who?
    The club.

You really should get off your high horse. People make choices, supporting the Swans is not a dictatorship, despite you thinking you can dictate your opinions to others. Just because someone makes a different choice to you doesn't make their choice wrong, only different.
    What drivel.

This argument is like trying to get my ex-wife to see sense, she is so opinionated that no matter if I can prove I am right she will she tell me I am wrong!
    Sounds like my kind of gal.

They haven't been "poor drawing opposition" at all. Since becoming the Western Bulldogs in 1997, our average crowd against them at the SCG has been 25,568. In fact, we drew a club record 36,554 against them a couple of seasons ago.
    Yeah, definately Western Bulldogs.....it'd have nothing to do with Barry Hall?
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Doubt it. Barry only played with them for a couple of seasons.

They haven't been "poor drawing opposition" at all. Since becoming the Western Bulldogs in 1997, our average crowd against them at the SCG has been 25,568. In fact, we drew a club record 36,554 against them a couple of seasons ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Doubt it. Barry only played with them for a couple of seasons.
    Bwahahahaha
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Our attendances have been fairly low this year, some of which we'd be able to attribute to having a second team here in Sydney. It would be foolish to think that GWS's fans would all be new to the AFL; surely we have lost a few thousand to them already. Maybe this is the new reality we have to face.

That said, I would wait and see what our crowd v Geelong is like in a few weeks. If the weather is good, anything less than 25,000 will be a disappointment and further point to the loss of a portion of our fans (or at least previous attendees of games) to GWS.
    The smaller crowd figures are highly unlikely to have anything to do with GWS but extremely likely to have something to do with the impact of reserved seat members not turning up compounded with the reduced capacity of the SCG. During the last redevelopment in 2007 when they were building the Trumper stand, we struggled to get more than 25,000.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Not really. We drew a crowd of 21,049 in Round 4 to the game against North in the same time slot.

It's pretty sad that more than a third of those people couldn't bother showing up again yesterday.
    Look dear, I'm feelin your pain.

I'm sure you looked your splendid feminine self again yesterday and there was no one there to appreciate your beauty.

It's disgraceful. People can buy pain killers over the counter and force themselves to the game.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    Good point, I'd much prefer to go to the game, life isn't always that easy, and as Mick once said, "you can't always git what u want"
    Mick Maltthouse said that? he has come out with some good quotes during his coaching career.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456