Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: McGlynn out for 1 week for striking.

Yep, saw that, doesn't seem to be any other reason other than Vez dropped him in it. No wonder he couldn't make it at the Swans, no room for girls running to the teacher at the Swans. They should appeal it and make him go on teh record so everyone knows for sure that he is not a man and cannot leave it on the field. he wasn't exactly crippled.
    Last edited by goswannie14; 9th June 2012 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Breach of RWO rules
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I liked the Rance/Milne one- insufficient force by Milne to count as charging, just looked worse because Rance went to ground, whilst not staging by Rance for going to ground as there was sufficient force to warrant it. We clearly have some budding politicians working the MRP.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Dopey deed by Benny Mac. Memories of the '05 final against St Kilda.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TPR4 View Post
    Footy Classified mob saying that after investigation, Benny Mac was offered the week. Looks like it's Benny's word against Vespa's. Regardless of Pat's Swans history, surely you can't take one guy's word over another?

Should Vespa have played it down? Recall Campbell Brown (from memory) looking after Juddy in a similar way, before admitting he'd lied to get a fellow player off. Ripe for "unhappy at not getting picked" conspiracy theories, accurate or not.
    On the flipside, didn't Willo go the tribunal and tell them that Brodie Holland did indeed give him a whack to the chops?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    Yep, saw that, doesn't seem to be any other reason other than Vez dropped him in it. No wonder he couldn't make it at the Swans, no room for girls running to the teacher at the Swans. They should appeal it and make him go on teh record so everyone knows for sure that he is not a man and cannot leave it on the field. he wasn't exactly crippled
    A thoroughly disappointing bit of macho, misogynistic, homophobic ranting - and I even agree that it sucks if it's Vez having a bleat, though I actually doubt that's where it has come from. Why you bring girls, being a man into it, I don't know.
    Last edited by goswannie14; 9th June 2012 at 09:40 AM. Reason: additional comment on Vez
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Happy and I know it
    McGlynn has accepted the one week penalty.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Bugger.
    Admitting defeat.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Good - as it looks like he did it. It gives us more standing if we dispute one later on rather than disputing everything. Hopefully, it will allow someone to step up rather than Mal coming back after a token game in the 2s. But it may also cost us the win and the momentum going into the bye. Silly boy.

Tho I'd be tempted to punch Vez myself for letting so much talent go to waste - even my Dogs mate said that their substitute is usually implemented when Vez runs out of puff.

you do the crime, you do the time. Clearly Ben is man enough to admit he's guilty, didn't want to try and sleeze out of it. Its the way of the Bloods.

Goes up to 11
    Sounds like Benny has accepted that he did something silly and will accept the punishment for it. Good on him - we can move on now. Other teams may play like thugs but it's not the Swans way....

And no more bleating about the MRP having it in for us, or the umpires having it in for us, or the AFL, or the media, yada yada yada. You whack someone, you get caught, you suffer the consequences. Simple really.

Now on to giving the Bombers a good thrashing this week :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    A thoroughly disappointing bit of macho, misogynistic, homophobic ranting - and I even agree that it sucks if it's Vez having a bleat, though I actually doubt that's where it has come from. Why you bring girls, being a man, into it, I don't know.
    It's football, not netball, if it happens on the field it stays on the field, I coudn't see anything conclusive in that footage, he wasn't reported so the umps didn't see it, and it wasn't in the original MRP report, what's the conclusion, someone went screaming to the MRP, it's just not done, players get a gentle whack every week and probably give one back, not many whinge about it. I'm a bit old to be up on all this new age, touchy feely, PC crud
    Last edited by goswannie14; 9th June 2012 at 09:41 AM. Reason: quoted Rule breach
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dumb dumb dumb by McGlynn. Patty is not a player that attracts that attn from opponents. Very surprised. Noticed Mcglynn has been throwing his arms/elbows around for a few games now.
    Don't like the spite toward Patty on this thread either. Great kid who was desperate to play for us. As for dogs fans bagging him he was in their best on Sunday and stopped a complete pantsing. shame all the overplayed overrated dogs didn't step up.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast