Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: McGlynn out for 1 week for striking.

Go Knickers!!!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veterans List
    You just have to wonder about the inconsistency.

King v Ryder incidents. No difference in my eyes. Both dead set kicks yet one gets a reprimand. In the old days a kick was seen as a dog act and got up to 8 weeks. Both were clearly deliberate. Pendelbury has a crack in his shin bone from a low dive perhaps. A kick can do awful damage to the lower leg. One week is nowhere near enough penalty. Bertie Johnson of North back in the old days had a reputation for the "ankle tap".

Waters V Glass. Only difference was the bloke Waters hit did not have the ball. Glass was more severe and could have tackled but Fraser said it was his only option; crap.

Now McGlynn may be guilty but gee the vison was inconclusive to the naked eye. How do we know Ves didn't stage it; and Rance's wasn't a stage. And don't get me started on Jetta. It was worse than the one he got cited on previously. It was even a delayed reaction stage.

I have no idea what vez said to the mrp, but I have no problem with him telling the truth. In fact, I would consider it to show a lack of integrity if he lied. Of course he can play it down or up, but who knows what he did? Maybe he played it down as much as he could and the mrp went ahead anyway.

Maybe they asked Benny if he whacked Vez and he said yes (being an honest and upstanding young man, blah, blah).

MRP may not know much, but they know a hell of a lot more than us. I guess that's what makes for a good thread...

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    MRP may not know much, but they know a hell of a lot more than us. I guess that's what makes for a good thread...
    I was with you until this bit. I don't understand. How could they?

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I was with you until this bit. I don't understand. How could they?
    Well, maybe I exaggerated. They have spoken with all the players and officials though, which is more than most of us.

It's a bugbear of mine - people criticising the decisions of judges and courts. People see a five-minute news report and all of a sudden feel qualified to criticise the judgement of someone who not only has all the obtainable facts, but is an expert on the applicable laws and principles of law and has years of experience in evaluating them.

Having said that, the way the tribunal operates drives me crazy. The number 1 complaint against them is consistency, which could be easily solved by allowing clubs to argue from precedent.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    shame all the overplayed overrated dogs didn't step up.
    Add overpaid to that...shame I couldn't spell right the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    As for dogs fans bagging him he was in their best on Sunday and stopped a complete pantsing.
    Yeah, they just ended up with a respectable 92pt loss in the end.

Silly Benny.
    Wrist smacked.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Warming the Bench
    Only just watched the tape of Footy Classified and if I wasn't paying attention I would have missed it. I have been reading online stories about the Swans since the weekend, but this was the first I have heard it. Where has it been reported?

There is such a lack of coverage for our team, it is laughable (if I wasn't so annoyed!!). In Melbourne if we lose, the other team is lauded (how fantastic they were), but if we win there is massive coverage about how weak our opposition was (they don't want to mention who they were playing). Aargh!!!
    Last weekend in Sept 05 - The best weekend of my life!

Happy and I know it
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Yeah, they just ended up with a respectable 92pt loss in the end.
    I'm not defending their loss. Disgraceful from Boyd, Cooney, Gia, Lake, etc
    I object to Patty being given a hard time when he actually tried the whole game and played with a bit of heart.
    Without the kids and Picken it would have been a pantsing.
    Career Games: Picken (75) Cordy (8) Vesz (20) and Wallis (14).

Ayce Cordy 8 games, Patty Vesz 20 games, Wallis 14 games.
    Player Name K H D M HO T FF FA G B DT
    1 Liam Picken 9 12 21 2 0 1 0 0 2 0 73
    2 Ayce Cordy 5 3 8 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 31
    3 Patrick Veszpremi 8 4 12 3 0 0 0 0 1 2 49
    4 Mitchell Wallis 7 16 23 1 0 2 1 1 1 0 68

Interesting that last night on 3aw sports today show Caroline Wilson spoke further about Benny and Vez and said she had been told first hand that the swans were not happy at all with Vezpremi for seemingly dobbing Ben in.Mcglynn told the mrp that he delivered a fair bump,and everything else ie impact etc was inconclusive so Carro and the swans had devised that Pat gave some eveidence that made the charge stick,its around the 32min mark of last nights podcast from memory.Carro mentioned more than a few times that the Swans arent happy at all about what went on.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast