Thread: Paul Kelly Injury

Paul Kelly Injury

Since hearing of his smash off the bike, I like most others, laughed, had a bit of sympathy, and barely gave it another thought, because he is Kell. And Kell always gets on with things.

Looks like I was wrong. He is in strife with those injuries. My apologies for forgetting that he is human. However I am a bit mad at him for forgetting that bit of information himself (I mean, Nitro!!!!!, you are 42 Paul!!!).

Sending you good vibes and healing.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

He may be in bad shape, but you should have seen the bike! Just kidding actually, I have no idea what the bike looks like but he's that tough.

Gope things take a turn for the better for him. Sounds like he is doing it a bit tough. I hope he knows that he only has to nod the head and there is an army of swans fans who would donate their own hip joint to replace his, or do anything else for him to help him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    He may be in bad shape, but you should have seen the bike! Just kidding actually, I have no idea what the bike looks like but he's that tough.

Gope things take a turn for the better for him. Sounds like he is doing it a bit tough. I hope he knows that he only has to nod the head and there is an army of swans fans who would donate their own hip joint to replace his, or do anything else for him to help him out.
    The King is down, but he's never out! I'm sure, and I hope, the Bloods family are looking after the King if he is in some sort of financial difficulty. Or even if he needs some day to day help.

As we all know how much the King has done for the Sydney Swans. Kelly is the sole reason why Bloods footy has been passed down to the likes of Kirk, Bolton, Jack and now Parker. He may have been inspired by Stevie Wright and Barry Mitchell, however the King took it to a level that was off the charts...

STILL MY FAVOURITE PLAYER. EVER. NOTHING COMPARES. NOTHING!

Blog Entries
    http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/n...7/default.aspx

After damaging the ligaments in my lower back recently and struggling myself for a couple of weeks, I can't imagine how he is coping with this sort of damage.
    Pretty tough on all around him too.

Warming the Bench
    As was said in the thread when the accident happened, a very serious injury which should not be downplayed.

For a bloke who got up and walked off the ground after wrecking his knee to come out and admit the extent of what he's going through like that, suggests a lot. Unfortunately he'll be paying a price for the rest of his days too most likely. It's rare that one bounces back to where they were before after that type of injury.

I smashed my hip riding a motorcycle 1in 1985 and I'm still limping. The HK holden I hit was a write off at least. It takes 6 months to get back to a point where u know whether it's going to have lasting effects, it's degenerative arthritis that kills ya. Good luck with it Kell, hope u fare better
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Really sad news to see such a champion player and person struggling like this,i know Pauls wife has had to return to fulltime work to help the family get along.If i was running our club id be making a financial offer for Kell to just come and be around the kids,crutches or not.I picture paul sitting in a big armchair with all our young guys sitting cross legged at his feet just hanging on every word he says.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Get well Kell.
    And remember, two wheels bad, four wheels good.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by On-Baller View Post
    Really sad news to see such a champion player and person struggling like this,i know Pauls wife has had to return to fulltime work to help the family get along.If i was running our club id be making a financial offer for Kell to just come and be around the kids,crutches or not.I picture paul sitting in a big armchair with all our young guys sitting cross legged at his feet just hanging on every word he says.
    I was milkin Princess Daisy when Queen Lizzie kicked me in the back. Boy did it hurt and I'm sure was the cause of the end of my touring career.

However I had lots of money put away and fitted in with the rest of society just like the average Mr and Mrs Joe do when their life is filled with a problem.

I can never understand why a footballer. no matter how many memories he gave should be treated different to anyone else. He didn't give his house away in the Eastern Suburbs from memory. Shock and horror, his wife had to go to work.

Paul, would be the last person who would be making an issue of this. I thought Mr Plugger's broken arm was worse but we never heard about that again.

Pass the collection plate around. Don't think so. Send best wishes. Think so.

Might get a job at Play School with that big chair. "Now young rookies, once upon a time there was a boy from Bunyip, who came upon a big mountain of sausage rolls..............."
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    I was milkin Princess Daisy when Queen Lizzie kicked me in the back. Boy did it hurt and I'm sure was the cause of the end of my touring career.

However I had lots of money put away and fitted in with the rest of society just like the average Mr and Mrs Joe do when their life is filled with a problem.

I can never understand why a footballer. no matter how many memories he gave should be treated different to anyone else. He didn't give his house away in the Eastern Suburbs from memory. Shock and horror, his wife had to go to work.

Paul, would be the last person who would be making an issue of this. I thought Mr Plugger's broken arm was worse but we never heard about that again.

Pass the collection plate around. Don't think so. Send best wishes. Think so.

Might get a job at Play School with that big chair. "Now young rookies, once upon a time there was a boy from Bunyip, who came upon a big mountain of sausage rolls..............."

I was joking of course and i know Kell would be the last person wanting charity,i wasnt suggesting it should really happen,and i dont really think our kids would sit cross legged on the floor at kels feet either but hey i assumed people would figure that out.Having said all that i can think of few players better to have around a young group for inspiration and direction,wont happen but have always liked club champs staying involved in the club one way or another.

I think Arj Barker was right when he said its so hard to convey tone online and hence there should be new fonts like Sarcastica or Go To Hellvetica

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by On-Baller View Post
    I was joking of course and i know Kell would be the last person wanting charity,i wasnt suggesting it should really happen,and i dont really think our kids would sit cross legged on the floor at kels feet either but hey i assumed people would figure that out.Having said all that i can think of few players better to have around a young group for inspiration and direction,wont happen but have always liked club champs staying involved in the club one way or another.
    I believe everything everyone writes on RWO. The crossed legged kiddy bit nearly brought a tear to my eye.

The Bunyip story was building into a motivational metaphor - " and after he ate that mountain of sausage rolls in his way............"
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.