Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans v Bombers Game Day Thread

1.11 - but it's the pressure from the Swans causing it. I'd say we've missed as many getable goals as they have. Reid...Hanners....
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Fast game, not really our style, can we keep going at this pace, if we can get further in front, the Bombers might drop their heads. I doubt either team can keep up this pace for the full game. Stanton hasn't done much, they reckon Hanners is on him, great job. Essendon can't buy a goal, but our pressure has just been outstanding, looks like the boys really want this one, how good is Jetts
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    They said last time Bombers scored 1 goal before halftime was in SF in 2004.

They have never been held to one goal at half time at Etihad - SO NEW SYDNEY RECORD!!!!
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Enjoying this as Swans lead by 6 goals at Half time.

Pressure is tremendous and it will be a real test of endurance at the end.

Swans have shown they can more than match it with the No. 2 Side.

According to BT (I can't believe I would even listen to anything he says) Swans are playing as a team and thats what wins Premierships...

Forget what I just said .... keep a lid on it !!

Jetta is just getting betta and betta.. The Bomber are in shock.. Keep it up boys !

Regular in the Side
    robably the best half of Swans footy I can remember. No passengers. Can we kee it gong?

Veteran Site Admin
    That was a pretty odd quarter. Our lads were smashed at the ground level contested ball but they are tackling well enough to just get the ball back, and then using it pretty well as they slice through the middle on the rebound. Were a little wasteful with that final ball into the forward line, but I guess we shouldn't complain given the Dons' conversion rate.

The defence has been sensational, absorbing a huge amount of pressure. But Jetta is the absolute highlight for me. If we can get the ball in his hands I reckon we can score from pretty much every forward entry. I love how he's not become goal hungry. He could easily (and justifiably) had a couple of pot shots for goal late in that quarter, but instead created a couple for Jack.

Oh, and that deliberate out of bounds against Smith was absolute rubbish. He was handballing to himself because he had absolutely no other options other than to hold on and get tackled. He even got to his own ball before it crossed the boundary line!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    Malthouse is tipping us in a close one.....
    It's pretty close so far!!

Yep keep a lid on! 6 goals up is good but 6 goals up at final siren is more important. Loving Armstrongs energy. Working real hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    It's pretty close so far!!
    hahaha if u say so

Armstrong has been the major ball winner along with Watson - who would have thought - looking very good - lets hope the mental and physical applications by all Sydney players run out next half

I love how the 'expert' commentary have NFI that it's 100 games for Jack
    -

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast