Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 12 v The Cats

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    the SCG may have already decided that the reserves won't be playing there on Friday...
    To be fair, regardless of the weather the ground is going to be rather wet after the traditional pre-Friday night Geelong game watering.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    I don't know, with Mal out, I expect anyway, that leaves Marty as our only really long kick out of def. I also think that with Benny and Goodes in, Goodes playing primarily forward I'd think TDL is a chance to suffer. The heat is on for spots, with teh bottom 6 players needing to really show something, good for the team, tough for selection
    I am not sure what you mean Gong? I think Armstrong and AJ are both capable of very long kicks out of defence. The other thing it does give us is the chance to mix it up in the kick outs. Mal, Marty and Rhyce are pretty predictable, whereas Armstrong is a real wildcard when kicking in. He mixes it up every time he kicks in and then runs on for the second effort. Mal has been pretty poor at delivery over the last month and this is the problem. You can't continue to play a bloke who may have the ability to destroy a team with pinpoint kicking but just gives the ball up.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I am not sure what you mean Gong? I think Armstrong and AJ are both capable of very long kicks out of defence. The other thing it does give us is the chance to mix it up in the kick outs. Mal, Marty and Rhyce are pretty predictable, whereas Armstrong is a real wildcard when kicking in. He mixes it up every time he kicks in and then runs on for the second effort. Mal has been pretty poor at delivery over the last month and this is the problem. You can't continue to play a bloke who may have the ability to destroy a team with pinpoint kicking but just gives the ball up.
    I certainly hope they keep Satchmo in. He has been a breath of fresh air on rebound. Almost like Kennelly at his best.

I agree. Malceski's become a bit of a dud...
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    In: McGlynn, maybe Goodes
    Out: probably Malceski, and good luck finding another player to omit and bad luck to him.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Sydney Swans
    B: Nicholas Smith, Heath Grundy, Alex Johnson
    HB: Martin Mattner, Ted Richards, Jarrad McVeigh
    C: Rhyce Shaw, Adam Goodes, Lewis Jetta
    HF: Craig Bird, Sam Reid, Jude Bolton
    F: Ryan O'Keefe, Lewis Roberts-Thomson, Mike Pyke
    Foll: Shane Mumford, Josh P. Kennedy, Kieren Jack

I/C: Daniel Hannebery, Ben McGlynn, Andrejs Everitt, Tony Armstrong
    Emg: Nick Malceski, Jesse White, Trent Dennis-Lane

In: Adam Goodes, Ben McGlynn
    Out: Nick Malceski, Trent Dennis-Lane

Geelong Cats
    B: Tom Lonergan, Matthew Scarlett, Corey Enright
    HB: Josh Hunt, Harry Taylor, Taylor Hunt
    C: Steven Motlop, James Kelly, David Wojcinski
    HF: Mitch Duncan, James Podsiadly, Mathew Stokes
    F: Paul Chapman, Tom Hawkins, Steve Johnson
    Foll: Trent West, Joel Selwood, Jimmy Bartel

I/C: Joel Corey, Andrew Mackie, Dawson Simpson, Allen Christensen
    Emg: Cameron Guthrie, George Horlin-Smith, Lincoln McCarthy

In: Dawson Simpson, Allen Christensen, James Podsiadly
    Out: Jesse Stringer, Cameron Guthrie, Orren Stephenson

Fairly predictable.
    TDL can count himself a bit stiff.
    Everitt can count himself a bit lucky.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Goes up to 11
    TDL unlucky - must have wanted the bigger body of Andrejs in against the Cats..... Hope we see Trent back soon.....

Looking a bit tall, but again, after the Dons game I'm not going to judge...

Veterans List
    Fairly predictable that Everitt will be the sub.

On the Rookie List swansprincess's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Fairly predictable that Everitt will be the sub.
    Likely, but I don't agree with it. He usually takes a while to warm into the game and is one of if not the most ineffective sub in terms of being able to come on and make an impact. Having said that though, I was pleasantly surprised with his last game.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    It's my belief that Everitt is the longest kick in teh club right now. I been wrong b4, also his delivery inside 50 last week was very good, the one he squared to Hanners was exceptional. Both Armstrong and AJ are capable of 40, 50m. Everitt can kick from the square to the circle, it's an asset when u want to move the ball fast. At this point, Everitt would have better match fitness and has been ineffective as sub, so I'd probably play him
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast