Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Changes for Rnd 12 v The Cats

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Poor TDL. Didn't do anything wrong, whereas Everitt....
    . . . . . . sat next to Adam for every game he was injured, which just goes to show how supportive a fellow he must be.

In all seriousness, Ronnie Burns on MG last night noted that the cat's were a bit top heavy. Which just goes to prove he didn't look too clearly at our team. Thank goodness it's at the SCG!

And while I remain a big fan of AJ, not even I am going to claim his kicking is particularly penetrative. It's better than last year but I think be still gets too much height but only mediocre distance.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Agree TDL is unlucky and I do think he offers something to the team but I think it's a side balance issue with McGlynn coming back in.

You'd think Goodes will play mostly forward so I'm not sure what LRT will be doing unless he is FF for structure and Goodes is a roaming forward.

Everitt will surely be the sub, Armstrong needs to get full games now so he is well integrated into the backline for later in the year.
    I am not a fan of LRT at FF. Not a fan of him in the ruck either so I am glad that has been resolved. He does however make a contest in the forward line. But I would like to see a more confident marking player like 'The Spang' in the FF spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    . . . . . . sat next to Adam for every game he was injured, which just goes to show how supportive a fellow he must be.

In all seriousness, Ronnie Burns on MG last night noted that the cat's were a bit top heavy. Which just goes to prove he didn't look too clearly at our team. Thank goodness it's at the SCG!

And while I remain a big fan of AJ, not even I am going to claim his kicking is particularly penetrative. It's better than last year but I think be still gets too much height but only mediocre distance.
    I nearly spluttered when Ronnie said that. I thought 'Have you even looked at the line ups?' The SCG is a ground for tall marking players as we proved in 2005 & 2006 with playing Ball & Jolly as well as Big Bad Bazza. But there is also a need for crumbers and in Bennie, Kizza & Bolts we have them just wish we had one more. Lukie was proving very valuable in that role switching with Kizza. We should be ok as they have also gone very tall too.

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Someone said in another thread we have gone very tall on what looks like a wet night to come. But the BOM tells us there is only 30% chance of rain. There will probably be a dew on the ground as the overnight temp in set to drop to 7 and that also means a fog. Let's hope the Cats players get lost in the fog and our blokes clean up.
    It's too windy for dew and fog. Both those things need still air.

I will be interested to see how the wind affects the goal kicking now that half of one the stands has been demolished.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    It's too windy for dew and fog. Both those things need still air.

I will be interested to see how the wind affects the goal kicking now that half of one the stands has been demolished.
    The wind is going to settle tonight according the BOM. It is going to be about 20k/hr. At the moment it is 30-40k/hr. The air is a little damp and that also causes a sort of dew as does all the breath of the crowd. There has been no stand knocked down yet as far as I know Erica, maybe they did it in the last two weeks. but if the stands are still there the same as last game the wind will be the same as always. But also with only 20k/hr it won't be really strong anyway and will be almost gone as the night progresses. If the stand has been demolished then it will cause a kind of vacuum effect.

Happy and I know it
    Yes, they have partially knocked down a stand, wolftone. Saw it on the news two nights ago!

I'm taking a pic of the work progress each time I go to a game at the SCG and will do a collage at the end. I did the same with the Trumper stand build and it's a great record of how the SCG changes.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Veterans List
    Someone said in another thread we have gone very tall on what looks like a wet night to come. But the BOM tells us there is only 30% chance of rain. There will probably be a dew on the ground as the overnight temp in set to drop to 7 and that also means a fog. Let's hope the Cats players get lost in the fog and our blokes clean up.
    And they said that pesky meteor that is passing earth wouldn't have an effect on earth. Yeh right. First an eathquake now this....

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    Everitt will be the sub surely. He can play tall and small I suppose, so he gives flexibility (although he doesn't play brilliantly in either position). TDL is unlucky no doubt but somebody had to be omitted and Horse admitted as much that it was a difficult decision.
    What positions are you referring to? Last time I looked Everitt was tall so I find it difficult to believe he can transform himself into a small.

I am not a fan of LRT at FF. Not a fan of him in the ruck either so I am glad that has been resolved. He does however make a contest in the forward line. But I would like to see a more confident marking player like 'The Spang' in the FF spot.
    I would have assumed LRT will play a defensive role on Scarlett in an attempt to stop him intercept marking, setting up play and rebounding from Cats d50
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    What positions are you referring to? Last time I looked Everitt was tall so I find it difficult to believe he can transform himself into a small.
    I presume Nico that is referring to Everitt being able to play in the Mids as well as Set posie forward. I don't mind when he plays on the wing on in the centre square. The two's played him there a few times and it worked really well as every time he got it the ball went flying 60 metres into our forward line.

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    I would have assumed LRT will play a defensive role on Scarlett in an attempt to stop him intercept marking, setting up play and rebounding from Cats d50
    I think you are right Gong but he may be a little slow for 'Will' but will beat him overhead and if he stays back stop Skarlett from running off altogether. But I'm sure Scott will work that out quickly. So we also need game plan two, ROK on Scarlett when LRT off thew ground or he takes him if Scarlett goes for a run.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011