Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 12 v The Cats

Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post
    Out Matner
    This is surely a troll.

Its heartening that while we all conceed our forward line has been poor this year, we potentially have McGlynn, Spranger, Goodes, Morton to come in. Not to mention sudden form finds in White and TDL.

If all the stars aligned, and Horse was brave with selection, we could have one of the most potent forward lines around by finals.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Its heartening that while we all conceed our forward line has been poor this year, we potentially have McGlynn, Spranger, Goodes, Morton to come in. Not to mention sudden form finds in White and TDL.

If all the stars aligned, and Horse was brave with selection, we could have one of the most potent forward lines around by finals.
    You think those players make 'one of the most potent forward lines'?

White hasn't been playing, neither has Morton while Spangher and Goodes have had long injury stints. TDL has been serviceable, but hardly 'potent' and McGlynn's form prior to his suspension hasn't been brilliant either.

Might need to remove those rose coloured glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    You think those players make 'one of the most potent forward lines'?

White hasn't been playing, neither has Morton while Spangher and Goodes have had long injury stints. TDL has been serviceable, but hardly 'potent' and McGlynn's form prior to his suspension hasn't been brilliant either.

Might need to remove those rose coloured glasses.
    Picture this:

F: Morton, S. Reid, TDL/???
    HF: Spranger, Goodes, McGlynn

Pretty hard to stop if Spranger plays as he did last year, and Morton lifts to his best at RIchmond.

I'd prefer Goodes, Reid, TDL

We're likely to see that against Geelong.

I wanna know for sure that Goodes is actually playing, it's the SCG against Geelong, we usually win these, even when we're not supposed to, would we risk rushing him, or trot him around in the 2's for an easy run. I also want a vivid description of Cats ruck setup. The only certain change right now is McG in and Eski out
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    I wanna know for sure that Goodes is actually playing, it's the SCG against Geelong, we usually win these, even when we're not supposed to, would we risk rushing him, or trot him around in the 2's for an easy run. I also want a vivid description of Cats ruck setup. The only certain change right now is McG in and Eski out
    Goodes playing in the reserves? LOL. If he's right to go he will be in the senior team. If not, another week of training. He can just be parked in the forward line if necessary, in much the same way as Mummy is being eased back in.

Can we afford to park two semi fit players in the fwd line? Didn't having semi fit players from the ressies hurt us in the last quarter. Seriously, a game in the ressies is half a game at that pace. We have Mummy back from injury, Armstrong, Everitt and Pyke all struggling for top level fitness, although to be fair not that many players ran the game out that well last night. We have been notoriously slow back from the bye as it is. While Goodes is a superstar, does this entitle him to different treatment and if anything should we not be more careful with him coming back from his first real injury, a nice trot in the 2's might be good for him, he's humble enough to handle the facts, if we play Goodes against Geelong, we probably have to drop pyke and use LRT in the ruck, is Mummy fit enough, in the post match he said he needed a few more games, big men take longer. It sounds absurd I know, but it's a usual pathway from 6 weeks out of the game
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Veteran Site Admin
    . It sounds absurd I know, but it's a usual pathway from 6 weeks out of the game
    Not for Goodsey, it's not.

If goodes plays he will be in the forward line. Pyke probably suffers with LRT 2nd ruck. They may well be foxing a bit with Goodes though. Benny comes back in for Everitt. Smith moves into the midfield rotation. Of course it all depends on how people pull up from this game. Smith had a problem, but with the bye we should be looking a t apretty fit bunch
    If they drop Pykie it would be sheer stupidity. This ruck combo is working really well. Both lads provide a big target in the Forward line and take heat off Sammy. Longmire was grinning from ear to ear about how our rucks have gone the last two weeks and I can't see him changing them.

If Goodes is fit he may come back depending on his assessment to match fitness. He is due to resume. Benny will be back and the pocket rocket will be ready to get revenge for being outed. If they both come in then I think Mal will definitely go. Drey will probably too which I think is sad. I think if they gave him a bigger role in the mids he would do well as well as KO duties with Tony Armstrong. LRT is probably not needed against Geelong but against say Carlton he would be. Horses for courses. We need to attack against the Cats and I think Morton, Drey & TDL could be good with Goodes & Benny. But who is the third out? Don't have a ruddy clue! Too many playing too well.

Lets field the same team that beat them at Kardinia Park last year......minus Rohan and Parker obviously.

I think we should give Cunningham a go as the sub when he gets some consistency in the reserves

Everitt is worth a go on larger grounds, Malceski is struggling

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast