Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reid

Reid

Watching the replay for the... 5th time.. one of the things I noticed was how important reidy was. One really interesting thing was, if he couldnt take a mark near the boundary he would punch it to the boundary therefore creating a stoppage rather than a turnover to the opposition. It happened a few times and was really smart i thought. Also in the last quarter his tackle on melksham set up the jetta goal from kizza's handball, reid chased his opponent and caused the turnover. He also presented really well, and it just shows you in this day and age you dont have to kick 6 as a key forward to have a good impact. Keep it up reidy!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    These are good points.
    I think he also punched the ball forward in the chain that led up to LRT's goal - a smart little goal assist, though it won't be recorded.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Blog Entries
    One of his best games, since his shoulder injury v Freo.
    He even had his kicking boots on for a little while there.

Add that to the above!!

Veterans List
    One of the critical plays in the last qr was a strong mark by Reid on the wing followed by a very strong mark by the Mummy at HFF followed by Jude drawing the free in the goal square - pretty much saved the game for us and it started with a great grab by Sam.

I think he has been trying to do these things all season but we have had nobody playing under him so many times this year. This just allowed the ball to be cleared because he was outnumbered by two or more.

Senior Player
    Yeah, I noticed that punch to the boundary too - he's been trying it for a while. I have also been impressed by the way he's working hard on his game - chasing hard and becoming more disciplined. It was particularly evident on the weekend - he clocked 6 one-percenters. The previous games, counting backwards were 1,0,2,1. Games like that will improve his confidence. He'll be right.

Veterans List
    Anyone else think that he's lost a bit of that condition/strength that it seemed to put on over the off-season? Shoulders don't look as big and strong as they did earlier in the year.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar

Still learning

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    One of his best games, since his shoulder injury v Freo.
    He even had his kicking boots on for a little while there.

Add that to the above!!
    Don't forget he is still only 20 yrs old and with Goodsey back, he will no longer get the best defender.
    Has a bit to learn when the ball hits the ground, maybe needs more gym work. But I am glad he is in the red and white colours.

I think he has the help needed in the forward structure now that he didn't have before. He was also carrying that shoulder injury and probably should not have been playing. The unfortunately there are players who are identified as crucial to the structure and Sammy is in that class. They would probably wheel him out in a gopher if need be. I think he works very hard and has been taken out of the play by multiple defenders this year because we have had too few forwards until recently. Now they have to mind their own men Sammy is getting free a bit more.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I think he has the help needed in the forward structure now that he didn't have before. He was also carrying that shoulder injury and probably should not have been playing. The unfortunately there are players who are identified as crucial to the structure and Sammy is in that class. They would probably wheel him out in a gopher if need be. I think he works very hard and has been taken out of the play by multiple defenders this year because we have had too few forwards until recently. Now they have to mind their own men Sammy is getting free a bit more.
    I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes in the 2nd half of the year. Usually, the longer the season goes, the more the backmen tire and you usually find that key forwards get more room. This is why from here on we will see a number of key forwards kick a bag. It happens every year so hopefully Sam will start clunking a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes in the 2nd half of the year. Usually, the longer the season goes, the more the backmen tire and you usually find that key forwards get more room. This is why from here on we will see a number of key forwards kick a bag. It happens every year so hopefully Sam will start clunking a few more.
    The rest over the bye will do him wonders as well - Shoulders are notoriously hard to get right, and a week's rest will help. His 1st 2 kicks for goal on Saturday were excellent - hopefully we will see more of that over the 2nd half of the season. He has experienced a bit of the 2nd season syndrome as such, but I have no doubt one day it is just going to click for him and off he'll go (just like it has for the Jetstar this season!)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Anyone else think that he's lost a bit of that condition/strength that it seemed to put on over the off-season? Shoulders don't look as big and strong as they did earlier in the year.
    I think that happens to most players over the course of the season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast