Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swannies vs Geelong Preview

I think if Goodes is coming back into the team one has to be prepared to drop a forward to accommodate him as yd have to think he will play as a forward while getting back to fitness. That said, as much as I'd like to see TDL continue, he has to be added to the list of possible outs
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

I would be surprised if Armstrong and Malceski were both selected - especially against Geelong. It seems to me they are too similar (in both their strengths and weaknesses).

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    You didn't get money on Jude for the Brownlow?
    Geelong are very very good in the wet.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I would be surprised if Armstrong and Malceski were both selected - especially against Geelong. It seems to me they are too similar (in both their strengths and weaknesses).
    Not sure that I have spotted Armstrong's weaknesses yet. I suspect we have struck gold with him. On last weeks game I can't see him being dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    Massive, massive game. We have played really well at the scg this year and hopefully if we play the first 3 quarters against the dons against the cats we should win. It will be a tight battle and they match up well against us. Hopefully goodesy comes back he will be a massive inclusion and if we win the midfield battle and get it to Kizza and Jetts to break the lines we can hopefully get a win. Teddy and Grundy will take care of hawkins and podisadly just like they did against Hurley and Crameri and run off our backline with shawy and smithy will be crucial.

Shaw Richards Johnson

Smith Grundy Mattner

Jetta Kennedy Jack

O'keefe Reid Mcveigh

Mcglynn Goodes Roberts-Thompson

Ruck: Mumford, Hannebery, Bolton

I/C: Malceski, TDL, Armstrong
    Bird is way up the pecking order (pun intended) above Malceski!
    IMO, Pyke will play.
    No idea who they will sub this week.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Not sure that I have spotted Armstrong's weaknesses yet. I suspect we have struck gold with him. On last weeks game I can't see him being dropped.
    I hope we have struck gold, but I'm not selling my possessions and moving to the goldfields just yet.

According to the AFL website he laid two tackles in the Essendon game, one fewer than the much maligned Malceski who only played half the game. (Although Mal's problem seems to be disposal effectiveness rather than tackling lately). Mattner and Smith both laid 4. Armstrong doesn't seem to be built for tackling either, but if Jetta can make a tackle with his toothpick arms then anyone can I guess.

I'm not saying he's soft, but it might be an area he can work on. He certainly played well against Essendon and I don't think it's helpful to developing players to have them in and out of the side all the time.

On another note, how quickly do the members general admission seats fill up? This is the first home game I can get to all year and I want to get a good seats for the family. What time would people suggest getting there?

Pushing for Selection
    I really have liked the look of the forward line structure in the last few weeks with Mummy or Pyke resting in the square, even with the much maligned ins we had last week (Everitt & Mal). So I would like to keep Pyke & Mummy where they are, bring McGlynn & (if fit) Goodes back in for the ins from last week. If Goodes isnt 100%, I would prefer to keep Everitt on the wing as I think he adds a bit of speed and good kick from out wide.

Its also critical that what ever the starting side is each week (based on size of ground, match ups, etc) that the 4 on the interchange can add run to the midfield. I would be rotating all of the midfielders thru the sub role over the season based on need for rest.

Armstrong Richards Johnson

Smith Grundy Mattner

Jetta Kennedy Jack

Goodes O'keefe Reid

TDL Pyke Roberts-Thompson

Ruck: Mumford, Hannebery, Bolton

I/C: Shaw, Mcveigh, Bird, McGlynn (sub - not sure)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12