Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swannies vs Geelong Preview

Swannies vs Geelong Preview

Massive, massive game. We have played really well at the scg this year and hopefully if we play the first 3 quarters against the dons against the cats we should win. It will be a tight battle and they match up well against us. Hopefully goodesy comes back he will be a massive inclusion and if we win the midfield battle and get it to Kizza and Jetts to break the lines we can hopefully get a win. Teddy and Grundy will take care of hawkins and podisadly just like they did against Hurley and Crameri and run off our backline with shawy and smithy will be crucial.

Shaw Richards Johnson

Smith Grundy Mattner

Jetta Kennedy Jack

O'keefe Reid Mcveigh

Mcglynn Goodes Roberts-Thompson

Ruck: Mumford, Hannebery, Bolton

I/C: Malceski, TDL, Armstrong

I hope the boys try something radical like playing well for all 4 quarters rather than 3 + a sleeping quarter!

Should be a cracker and I'm disappointed that I won't be able to get up the highway to watch it being a Friday game and all.

Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    Massive, massive game. We have played really well at the scg this year and hopefully if we play the first 3 quarters against the dons against the cats we should win. It will be a tight battle and they match up well against us. Hopefully goodesy comes back he will be a massive inclusion and if we win the midfield battle and get it to Kizza and Jetts to break the lines we can hopefully get a win. Teddy and Grundy will take care of hawkins and podisadly just like they did against Hurley and Crameri and run off our backline with shawy and smithy will be crucial.

Shaw Richards Johnson

Smith Grundy Mattner

Jetta Kennedy Jack

O'keefe Reid Mcveigh

Mcglynn Goodes Roberts-Thompson

Ruck: Mumford, Hannebery, Bolton

I/C: Malceski, TDL, Armstrong
    I think you really have to start Armstrong and give him a job, like kicking out as he seems to find a player when Marty & Rhyce can't. I think it is about him being a more precision kick than those guys. They are good on the long kick but the short precision kick has never really been their forte. Mal as Sub! Who is the fourth on the I/C? You only name three! No sub? Bird maybe? Why would we get rid of Mike Pyke as he is doing a great job? I'd rather Mal go out that Pykie! The big guys have brought a real change to the forward line!

Senior Player
    Hope it isn't wet.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    Hope it isn't wet.
    You didn't get money on Jude for the Brownlow?

Opti-pessi-misti
    Yes, if Goodes and McGlynn come back in and everyone else is fit, crunch time is upon us. I am sure they will include Bird, he holds the mantle of tackle king at the moment. So who to leave out? Pyke and Mal do seem to be the vulnerable ones, I can't see them dropping/subbing any of the others. Out of LRT and Pyke, Mal and Armstrong.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I'd drop Mal before Pyke, whose input is much more significant.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

On the Rookie List
    Im quite confident in beating the cats, we showed the other night (the first 3 qtrs anyway) of the type of footy we can play and if this is produced again, along with the game being played at the SCG and with goodsey back, we really should win. Everitt will obviously make way for goodes but good luck to the selectors in picking someone to make way for mcglynn, malceski perhaps??

Regular in the Side
    Interesting the mention about it raining. There have only been three Friday nights held at the SCG in the past 15 years during the Home and Away Season. Twice there have been greatly anticipated ( verses Essendon 2001, and Carlton 2011) games. In both games it poured, and sadly the Swans were beaten

The only night it didn't rain was ANZAC Day 2003, where the Swans came back from 20 points down at three quarter time to beat Melbourne.

Please do not rain!

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I'd drop Mal before Pyke, whose input is much more significant.
    I watched the Freo game last night, a lot was made of Reid geting a bump and being injured, but the thing I noticed was Mal had his head caved in and we haven't seemed to give him the same sort of opportunity to get over it, or even mentioned a hit like that as a reason for loss of form
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Opti-pessi-misti
    Thanks msb I forgot about Everitt. I'll change my possibilities to Everitt or Pyke for Goodes. You would hope Pyke would stay, to change with Mummy in the ruck.

Agree re Pyke. Having one ruck only is a recipe for injury and Mumford looks proppy even when he is supposed to be fit. So does LRT for that matter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast