Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ex-Swans Players Thread

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I know drafting is an inexact science, and you can't predict injuries, but we've certainly done far better in recent history with trades than we have with draft picks. There are obvious exceptions to both (Jetta on the draft side, Chambers on the trade side) of course but that's how it appears to me.
    I guess it depends the time frame you look at but I think our recent drafting has been outstanding. Reid, Parker and Johnson all at 20 or below I think. Rohan also has shown enough to be viewed as a really good choice - just a shame about the injuries.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

From Fairfax
    Meanwhile, it was reported last night that Tadhg Kennelly, who won the 2005 flag with the Swans, had signed with the Albury Tigers for the remainder of the season.

The popular Irish star, who played his last game for the Swans in September, will feature in five regular-season matches as well as finals.

Is the Tom Lynch that plays for Glenelg one of our Lynch boys? If he is he seems to be always in the best for them. The problem is he is not in their player roster on the website so he must have been picked up after the start of season.

I would say that's the Tom Lynch who went from St.Kilda to Adelaide in last year's trade period.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    From Fairfax
    Good mail Snark.

First Brendan Fevola to Yarrawonga, then Barry Hall to Wangaratta Rovers (don't think he's played yet) and now Tadhg to Albury. The Ovens and Murray league's profile continues to rise.

Tadhg Kennelly joins Albury Tigers | The Border Mail
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Senior Player
    Simon Phillips gott Player of the week for last weekends round in the SANFL..
    http://www.afl.com.au/video/tabid/76...s/default.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Maybe the odd side. Only a small handful of AFL listed players in each team. Wouldn't get near the Swans reserves unless tons of injuries.
    Would love to see the game between a full-strength Swans reserves and a good average SANFL side. Swans' reserves results against the best NEAFL sides suggest that the Swans would, on average, lose. (Such limited evidence as there is, suggests that Qld NEAFL sides, which is the stronger division in NEAFL, are about 10 or so goals behind their equivalent SANFL side.) There are on average about 6 players on each of the 2 Adelaide AFL sides' lists who play SANFL reserves each week. That's not because of quotas; they're just not good enough to make the league side yet. Steven Salopek infamously got dropped from the Glenelg side a month or so ago.

Don't doubt that on a good day with an injury-free list, Swans reserves would be capable of knocking off a top
    SANFL team. But across a whole season (and remember there was a rumour a few years back about Swans 2s joining the SANFL), Swans would do well to make the finals and would be no chance of winning the flag.

Tadgh has a full time job. Whattha? I'm gonna do a twitter search and see if I can ask him direct. Or Kirky, he'd know.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12